Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once Upon a Time...
    Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 10:09pm
... some of us joined a forum somewhere and found people we liked to write and play with. You know how the story goes and now here we are about to set out on a Big Adventure! Smile

Yes we're in business finally and my novel, Milele Safari - An Eternal Journey (aka Safari Tales on here) will hit the cyber shelves later this month with any luck.

I've also been dipping my tootsies into the marketing millpond in various avenues and have met some interesting people in the book business, some of whom may start to look in on us here on the old homestead, or on the new DreamWorlds Publishing site which will be set up on the old LotRDreams billet at the year end.

More news and info as it happens in here - those of you involved already know where to get hold of me if things go quiet in here Wink
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 9:48am
Thumbs Up Kissie Yesss! stars strewn
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:41pm
ISBNs  application sent off today - Panda

Decided to go with Lightning Source International as they do a nice size paperback for little hands (mine that is - plus I'm not so sure about Lulu's pricing policy/commission rate) but I need some ISBN detail for them so not got round to that yet. Hopefully next week.
 baa
Nurbor View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Lord of Summer

Quote Nurbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:00pm
Sounds like things are moving forward swimmingly!
They lived their belief and if asked they would gladly die for it.Tell me now who in your glorious age holds such a belief? All that lives is born to die we must make the best of the time we are given
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 9:24am
Used lightning source at work to fulfill requests for OOP stuff - good quality as I recall.
Death comes to all
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:44pm
Well - we're 'official' as of today! YahMon

I got the bank account details through (SmartSavings easy access account to receive any sales made and for reasonable outgoings Wink) so I've sorted all the outstanding contracts to go off to Lightning Source first thing tomorrow and I got the ISBNs back this afternoon! roller

So now I'm going into an even bigger huddle until the end of the month to get Milele on it's merry way to paperback status if nothing else (ebook's not set yet but I don't think it'll take too much work so may be able to get that out around the same time or for Xmas for certs).

We're in business peeps! Group Hug
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 1:14am
great news!  well done, Jan
Dance like no one's watching!
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:02am
Brilliant your Janoness, well done and thanks for so much hard work. Thumbs Up Big smile Clap
Death comes to all
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 4:08pm
Great Janowyn! I hope it is worthy adventure. Smile dance
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 11:03pm
Decided we need a tidier banner logotype and graphics so how's this?

Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 11:07am
Errrrmmm - my old eyes don't actually find it tidy, medear (please don't shout at me.) I think it's the word dream crossing too many other things, could it be repositioned a bit? But I'm not the only person in the worlds -  so see what everyone else thinks.
Death comes to all
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 12:51pm
pulp fic Ah - I'm trying to be too 'corporate' perhaps? Also over thinking the colourways as we'll need this to work in black and white which may simplify how it looks. Embarrassed

The shiny 'blobs' and the centre of the 'p' are meant to represent worlds which is why dream is dumped on top of them... so it's dream-worlds-publishing all mixed up? The smaller one's for either very small symbols in print or very large so you'd see the detail more from that. The lower one's supposed to work of a letterhead use more. Let's get some more commentary and I'll maybe develop it a bit more Smile
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 4:14pm
OK - have updated the image so that purple ink blob's slightly lighter to show the 'd' and filled in the 'p' world. Any better?

Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 11:26am
Yes, I worked out the 'worlds' bit OK, but it felt cluttered.  What you've done has improved it HUGELY from my perspective, thanks medear.  The D and P are more clearly letters and also the worlds are more world-y.
Death comes to all
 Post Reply Post Reply