Ooo! Very topical and still in theme! Clap
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Sjoerd3000 View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Rare jongens, die Romeinen!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:55am
What are the names of the eighnnn orders of wizardy?
The Ancient and Truly Original Sages of the Unbroken Circle
The Hoodwinkers
Mrs. Widgery's Lodgers
The Ancient and Truly Original Brothers of the Silver Star
The Venerable Council of Seers
The Sages of the Unknown Shadow
The Order of Midnight
The Last Order or Other Order

Bonus: Which one is the oldest? 
Mrs Widgery's Lodgers. In the very early days of UU the Tower of Art was the only building and nog big enough to house all students and they were boarded at the house of Mrs Widgery, on the site of what is now New Hall. (from the DW Companion 236-237)

Edit: Another bonus? Galder Weatherwax was Supreme Grand Conjuror of the Order of the Silver Star. (LF 12.)

What colours does Rincewind see in Death's garden?
deep purple, night black AND shroud white.
(klaxon on black would be nasty, but then again we are Discworld ElvesEvil Smile)
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by Sjoerd3000

Moving Pictures:

Who, besides David Jason, had a role both in the Hogfather and The Colour of Magic?

Answer: Stephen Marcus. Banjo in Hogfather and Broadman in Colour of Magic

Possible bonus: Marnix van den Broeke who played Death in Hogfather and Colour of Magic AND mr. Pump in Going Postal (I believe he's the only one who has a role in all three films)

Nigel Planer is also an option. Sideney in Hogfather and the Arch-Astronomer in Colour of Magic

Edit: I missed some moreEmbarrassed
Nicholas Tennant Nobby in Hogfather, Librarian (in human form) in Colour of Magic
Arthur White Ernie the Cart driver in Hogfather and Rerpf in Colour of Magic
Terry Pratchett Tongue Toymaker in Hogfather and Astrozoologist 2 in Colour of Magic 
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 12:52pm
Thanks for checking that out Sjoerd - I'm going to be mostly finishing off the collation of these today and tomorrow, but don't stop posting new or updates to questions as we can be fairly flexible with what goes into the mix up until the Saturday as I'll have all the software to make any changes to the slides

We'll probably need to make a start on discussing the scoring as of now (in the 'We can do it' thread) but we'll need to be talking to Chris (and possibly Jason and Pat) on that side of things which may have to wait until Birmingham - lots to do on that Friday pm freak out
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:43am
Got some more questions, might be a bit too easy though

The Disc rests on the back of four elephants, who on turn stand on Great A'Tuin. But what are the names of the Elephants?
Berilia
Tubul
Great T'Phon
Jerakeen

Who was the greatest thief of Ankh-Morpork, and where was his HQ?
Ymor, HQ in the leaning tower at the junction of Rime Street and Frost Alley.

Trymon becomes chancellor after Galder Weatherwax (did he really become Chancellor? Or only head of the order?) But what was Trymon's first name?
Ymper
Klaxon: No first name
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:38pm
Thanks Sjoerd - I'll put them on the master files I'm bringing with me on the laptop and we can sort them out tomorrow or Saturday if I can't actually get them on the Flash files. 

There's still some questions I haven't used so far which I'm wanting other people to look at so we have a nice mix of easyish and really obscure topics that can lead to expansion - will take you through how I've grouped them and then you can do what you like with Chris on how to present and score them as I'm going to be pretty busy with Cripple Mr. Onion on Friday afternoon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12