Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lifestyles and Pastimes > Publishing the DreamWorlds > The Word Smithy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dreamless Roads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreamless Roads
    Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 5:50pm
Moved into a public forum since names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent... and privacy was always a big issue! eyebrow

This was always meant for general consumption and although 'adult-themed' there's nothing that explicit at all, so it'll do out here for the benefit of passing trade so to speak Wink
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:49am
Thumbs Up
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
*shameless bump* This is the working version of Dreamless Roads, the short story for the eponymous anthology (unless anyone can think of a better title?).

As we're thin on actual stories atm so if anyone wants to submit poetry then that's fine as well - just start a thread where it suits and post away 

Clare View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 12:35pm
I wrote a fantasy-type poem in 1987 which won me a prize and was published in a newsletter at that time, though not since. Now I don't know if this would make it acceptable although I do retain the copyright.
Please let me know what you think.
Clare O'Beara
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:37pm
Hi Clare - we've (the royal we that is Wink) already tacitly decided that poetry can be included and we're not at all bothered with being exclusive provided you're OK with allowing us to print it.

At present we're fairly healthy with submissions thus far and with several more promised so we'll be topping the 70,000 word mark with ease (I think anyway). ATM I'm saying we're limiting to 3 pieces of work per person and closing off submissions by 31st September this year

Final editing will be starting with work received at the beginning of May so I can get the bulk of the typesetting in train with an idea of how much we'll have in the bag asap prior to mid-August (after the Discworld Convention) when I'll start reminding people in earnest that we'll be wanting work in and looking around for cover design layouts. 

I'm just mentioning this so people can't say they haven't been nagged but expect an official email round robin on the topic later this month! Wink Those who've already obliged can stand at ease subject to final polishing edits as no major re-writes are anticipated. Tongue
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:12am
Ooh, poetry! Now there's a thought!
Blod skal være min endelige prisen!
angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 11:04pm
There's a thought indeed. Though The Rogue's Odyssey is probably classed as a poem. I should probably try and finish editing it before I start something new. That's something I should get to doing tomorrow rather than updating websites and other techie jobs.
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 12:03pm
That's the ticket angel - there's a kind of deadline looming now as the end of the month is the cut off for new submissions and I'm about to start the typesetting process for the work that's already in come September Wink

I'm doing a fairly drastic rewrite of one of mine as well, so I know how you all are 'suffering' just now, but it's a good kind of stress as it means that we're hitting a major milestone in getting this out in time for Xmas Heart
angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 12:16pm
Yeah, I've read about the deadline. I'll probably finish editing today as all I have left to do is write a more descriptive fight scene. I'll hopefully be able to send it later today.
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12