Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Realms of Men > Gondor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor's Guide to Gondor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
D. View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor's Guide to Gondor
    Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 9:37pm
lurk
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 9:52pm
Shocked oh no.... you HAD to mention her name! smack

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 10:26pm
Whose name? Ooooh haha hey Aramon, cute (albeit somewhat red) behiney.
Give him another one from me please Miah, if you would be so kind. Wink

Wait, I see someone...no I don't...yes I do!...No....Yes!...wait...there!...Nope....whoever it is...or isn't, I think they left their horse in your signature Miah xx
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:36am
Well there goes the neighborhood Ermm I'm sure she'll behave.... giggles

So I went to the movie tonight ... Desolation of Smaug. After seeing it, I have mixed emotions. First I will say that I wish that I had never read the book because it is so little like the book that if I had not known all the changes I would have enjoyed the movie much better. Confused

Not sure what was worse though, all the changes or the people behind me with their non stop unmovie related chatter and their baby!! Angry

Aramon View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Aramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 9:44am
Miah you know very well, that where one goes the other is sure to follow, and besides it is sooooo much more fun when she is here.
Tírad ú’âr gened, lathrad ú lastad, meled ú guiad.
To see is not to have sight; to hear is not to listen, to love is not to live.
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 10:07am
Are you saying I'm boring??? PC- abuse
Not all those who wander are...Wait...Where am I??
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 10:10am
I've heard the new movie is wayyyyy off the books again. Though good reviews in general. Like you say, I think if we hadn't read the books or known the storyline beforehand we'd enjoy it a lot more. Not sure I'm in such a hurry to see it as I was before. Maybe after xmas...

As for the people behind you, they need a good hard nudge in the ribs. You don't take little babies to the movies!! Callum is three and even now I know he'd not still still or enjoy so long being stuck in the same place expected to be quiet. Some people have no sense nono

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 8:49pm
Pheweee!! That's that chaos all over and done with for another year. Hope you guys all had a great Crimbo.
Just running up a post for the Black Swan now, sorry for the delay sorry
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 3:33pm
Oh yeah! a big hurray! I'm glad its over with Yesss!. Bah Humbug!  I spent more than I wanted but not enough to put me in the poor house til next pay day at least. I spent the day yesterday putting everything away and tidying up the house so there is no evidence it was even here, lol. Onwards! c'mon spring! summer! now for some green grass, full leafy trees, dry roads and shorts! Big smile

I've only not posted because every time I even think about it I get interrupted. I only have three more days on holiday so I'll have to try and make the most of it. I need my "personal" time and this is it so...

Yeah, that movie... still can't get over that couple bringing their baby to the theatre! Talk about Wacko I almost want to go see it again but I'll wait now for the dvd.

I thought the movie went through the chapters in the book incredibly fast. They made it seem as if Bilbo and the dwarves were only in Mirkwood for less than a day! No!
And...well I could go on and on but yeah I was disappointed that it is sooo little like the book and put to be made entirely for the fast action scenes. Legolas looked fat, lol and some picture shots made Bilbo seem as tall and as big as some of the dwarves, which seemed weird to me. No, I think PJ & crew must have been smoking crack when they perceived this story. Sure I admit the action and Smaug looked incredible, which was awesome, but it was not even close to being as good as say... The Two Towers.

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 4:12pm
Ermm... dang its gone quiet again Tiana, the dust is starting to settle. 

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 1:35pm
Phurgh Phurgh Phurgh! *Wafts dust away* Dagnammit you're right! Where did that come from? I shall pull out my 'supermatic duster 3000gti with oomphomatic capabilities'and rid the city of such ickiness post haste!
I beg figiveness for my absence. Various RL issues have reared their ugly heads again and as much as I chop them off, the buggers just keep coming back! I am here now though and hopefully can continue to make my presence felt both here and *whispers* Over there ;)
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 10:20pm
insane
Dang that RL! I'd like to...punch... that's what I'd like to do to RL! or else I just always wanted an excuse to use this smilie lol!

Okaaaaaay, so we are good again? Tongue I guess you were right ... I DO need you! LOL

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 10:30pm
lol yes, we are all good again and I am getting my brain back in gear. 
Of course you need me, even I need me, how bad is that??!
I missed you Kissie
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:23pm
looks like issues in RL has struck Crazy Gal again Ermm

...and so too now it seems it has a hold of me. Fuin- I will have to delay my post in the Black Swan. I have some things at home that require my full attention (other than income tax and gst) I'll be back as soon as I am able! Smile

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:31pm
No worries... I should probably do my income tax and GST too when I think about it... I have to find one more bill and the GST is doable in a few clicks  Yeah for quick books. this year I'll actually be getting GST back rather than paying it and I'm certain I'll get money back on income tax because it all went to starting a business. though I'll need to pay CPP likely.

Hoth will mostly keep me entertained in Evendim.  And I'll keep trudging along in the Streats of Minas Tirith :)
I'm looking at you through the glass
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:40pm
Ok, think I'm back on track now at home and work. Hoping to get back to writing something soon. Thumbs Up

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 5:39pm
Yeah!  I just got back from Alberta last night so am up for some RPing in the near future!
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:41pm
I'm not gone I've just got writer's block really bad Hbanger

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 3:49pm
hahaha maybe stop hitting your head?  I hear that can cause brain damage Tongue
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 6:12pm
actually what i find that hinders me most is not being able to put to words what I am thinking... I think perhaps too much outside stresses is what is distracting me from furthering my story that I wanted to do here. What got me thinking the other day was the question: what kind of characters are my characters? I have yet to develop some kind of back ground on most of these characters I have that they all seem to be the same, which is what I don't want. So, in my planning thread I will need to further develop stories for each and every character (which is plenty enough work). So this is my motivation to get back in here and carry on. I'm stuck with the guy at the stables right now because I don't want to characterize him too much of being a boring/unintelligent guy that has no personality.... which is kinda how he's turning out, and I don't want that.
I hope that others that have wrote here will eventually have enough interest to come back and I'm sorry for going away for so long. flowers

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 3:47pm
It's okay I disappeared as well.  It's why I tend to stick with one or two characters so I can actually make them a bit more dynamic.  However it tends to mean they end up doing things like running the House of Healing, and the Army and the Smithy hahaha... or at least they use to.  Not enough activity really for that here.  Though I think I found an old member and finally dragged him back by his beard...
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 3:05pm
Hey you came back! lol. Well, one way or another I am going to get back into things even if no one else does.

How was your Halloween? Smile

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 11:42am
flowers
Just swinging by with a hello and a hug. RL has been seriously up and down lately and I haven't been able to commit either the time or the brain cells to any writing. Little things keep chipping away and every now and then I let them get to me and try and hide away, not good. I am currently in the process of trying to kick myself in the behiney so I can find the oomph to come and play again. I miss you Miah!! xx
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 2:34pm
be kind to yourself, Tiana, these times come and try to pull us down but you will come through it, I'm certain.

Sending positive thoughts!
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 5:28pm
More (((((vibes))))) from me - this time of year's always good with little 'uns around too Wink
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 12:12am
Oooh messages! I likes messages precioussss yes I do! boing!

Well I hope you do come back Tiana... I'm kinda stuck in the mud right now myself but holidays officially start for me on Wed. so I'm hoping to do some more posting here Smile

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Hoping to revive some of these stories soon. With Eridor lurking I might just get lucky though Wink 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12