Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Discworld Dreams > The High Ramtops ~ stuck up some mountain hubwards... > Überwald
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Werewolf sign-up & Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sjoerd3000 View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Rare jongens, die Romeinen!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werewolf sign-up & Support
    Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 5:04pm
Some people may have played or heard of the murder elimination game of Mafia - also called Assassin or Werewolf... (bet you can't guess which version this might be! Tongue )
It's a very simple whodunnit (several times over) type of thing where you're either a Citizen, a werewolf or a cop.

HOW TO PLAY THIS

1. Sign-up for the game by posting below. It helps in this game to be able to post at least once every week - so up to 7 days) – if you can’t get in that often, then maybe you ought not to sign-up for a playing role – although you may post in the game thread as a Gawper  so you can then comment on what’s happening whenever you wish, but you will not be able to nominate/accuse people for imprisonment, vote – or get killed.

2. Depending on how many sign-ups we have, a playing role will be PMed to you as the game starts. You will be told in the PM whether you are a secret Citizen (potential victim) or a secret werewolf and some of you on either side will have special 'powers' or additional tasks to fulfil during the game – the PM will let you know what you have to do.
The roles are all assigned randomly (names out of a hat) so please do not beg to play a certain role…

a) If you are a Citizen you will not know who anyone else is – you have to figure that out yourselves.

b) If you are a Citizen you must not reveal what your secret task or power is (if you have one) unless prompted to do so by the Narrator

c) If you are an werewolf you will be told the identity of your fellow werewolf (at least one other person) and can have ‘behind the scenes discussions’ (BTSD) with them – PM or other means of doing this are up to you and your werewolf mate.

3. Starting with a day phase (lasting up to 7 days) you will all be on the lookout for a likely suspect (or if you are an werewolf to divert suspicion away from yourself and/or your partner(s)). Each day phase cycle all the players post a vote for whomever they wish to gaol on suspicion of being a killer – you are allowed to 3 times per day phase IF you think you made a mistake (or wish to muddy the waters), or you can just vote the once and stick to your guns and the person you first voted for.
Whoever gets the most votes is then lynched and can no longer take an active part in the game (other people can also be a Gawper if they like, but they cannot nominate for arrests, vote or be killed). In the event of a tie the Narrator will determine who goes to gaol by a coin toss or other appropriate method (this cannot be appealed or challenged).
Players may also abstain from voting (or withdraw your first vote) but you must ensure you post your intention clearly as this may mean you attract suspicion yourself (this is why you need to post at least once during the day phase, as no-shows have a tendency to get voted out in the next round…)

4. Once the night phase begins (after 7 days of day phase posting and voting) no more voting can take place. All the players seemingly go home and must not post or communicate until the next day phase.
The Narrator confirms who has been lynched and will prompt players allowed to have night-time activity to PM her.

a) the werewolves decide with BTSD who they want to be killed next (though they do not post on this of course) and PM the Narrator as to who they want killed next (up to 4 day window ). This may be a joint decision or a ‘free’ vote’ but all werwolves must PM the Narrator with their choice of victim. In the event of a free vote the person voted for most shuffles off this mortal coil and if it’s a tie by the Narrator’s coin toss etc

b) Players on both sides with special powers or tasks will also be asked to PM the Narrator to state whom they wish to be the subjects of their investigation/protection etc

Once all the BTSD or actions are over the Narrator then updates the story for the next day phase by revealing the next werewolf killing and any other events that may have happened under the cover of darkness.

5. And so on – with everyone voting off one person during the day phase and the werewolves selecting one more victim every night phase until we get down to either the Citizens imprisoning all the werewolves (in which case the Citizens have won) or the other way when all the Citizens are dead or incarcerated – so the werewolves win.

THE RULES

1. Make sure you don’t reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re an werewolf in which case you know your fellow killer(s) and they you) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end up dead much quicker…

2. Just post as yourself / your regular profile.

3. Do NOT try to roleplay your assigned role else we’ll get confused and you could be the target of the next killing or witchhunt. Everyone is themselves, a Citizen of Uberwald on the thread.

4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start. If you’re eliminated you can still take part as a Ghost Gawper!

5. Try not to get too brutal with your accusations or denials – it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted and remember if you’re too nasty then you’re likely to end up in the cells!

You have been warned!

THE CHARACTERS
The roles that are to be divided among the townspeople Wink

Wolfgang ~ A vicious and seemingly indestructible werewolf. You were head of a pack of werewolves that has now dwindled to a mere two, biding your time prowling the forests of Uberwald. Desperate for the taste of human flesh once more, you have returned to the town of Bonk, where no-one remembers your day time face…

Bloody Elizabeth ~ Only pack member Wolfgang has left. A merciless killer, you would follow Wolfgang anywhere - even into the town of Bonk, and the jaws of death.

The Cops

Rhys Rhysson ~ The current Low King of the Dwarfs. Concerned about the werewolves coming back to Bonk you have started an investigation. You invite individuals to your mine during the night phase in order to learn more about your guest. You will discover whether or not your choice is a killer, BUT you will not be able to stop the killing during the night phase. You may not invite the same person twice in a row.

Igor ~ A master with a scalpel and an expert at stitching people up, your master Dr Sjoerd von Hausenstein (mad scientist and genius) has given you special instructions and each night you will choose one of the townspeople you consider most at risk to guard. Whoever you choose to protect will survive any attempt at werewolf attack for that night only. However, if you’ve chosen a person who also has some ability of their own, then they cannot use that ability for the night you’re protecting them. You cannot choose to protect the same person twice in a row, nor are you immune to attack yourself.

Your narrator is Dr. Sjoerd von HausensteinWink

Let the sign-ups commence & feel free to ask questions in here if you need to Wink

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 6:50pm
I'm in (as I twisted your arm to run this!) Wink
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Quark View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Minecraftian

Quote Quark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 12:12am
Certainly looks worth doing and with the holidays coming up I should have the time to participate Thumbs Up Will read the rules more carefully later.
"Oh god, he's got an arm that shoots BEES. BEEEES!"
-- Minicrit
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 1:31pm
Cheers Quark, we played it a few times on the Pratchett forum tooWink
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 3:08pm
Yep! No RP whatsoever (goes to shang'hai Juggler) Wink
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 5:37pm
need a hammer?Wink
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 6:10pm
You can have a go soon I promise Mr. T LOL
Prince Imrahil View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote Prince Imrahil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 1:41am
Oooh! Oooh! Me! Pick Me! *Raises hand*
My Avatar is a hot Lady. Your argument is invalid.

. . . Or not, since she won't show up!
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:31am
3 sign ups so far Tongue Anyone else who wants to join? (Dagrun?Wink)
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:53am
I'm in please!
Blod skal være min endelige prisen!
DrWho7Freak View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Time Traveller - Orc Forgiver

Quote DrWho7Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:24pm
Still needing to have sign ups?  I remember this too ... never had any interestin' part so invented a bit of roleplay ... lol
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:39pm
Still need sign ups. Including you, Fion, we now have 5 players. We need a minimum of 7 to play the game
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 6:21pm
RP's not necessarily a good thing in play for this game, but here's a better place to try it if we want to have a go in lab conditions Tongue

Dotsie said she might look in later on so we might get some more interest to boost the numbers Wink
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 7:37pm
Sjoerd, matters have not improved in my Aunt's health and for the next two weeks I am going to be away with slim chances of getting to a computer.
If we play this can it start around beginning of February? please please please? Pretty please? If you get more than enough, I'll pull out.
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 10:08am
No worries DagrunWink Sorry to hear about your auntCry You take care of her and we will start in February (if we have enough sign ups thenTongue)

I´m going away to Budapest for a few days next week, so begining in February sounds good to me tooSmile
Dotsie View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Dotsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Jano

Dotsie said she might look in later on so we might get some more interest to boost the numbers Wink
Here I am! And yes, I'd love to play (not least because that other lot cut my head off).

Sorry your Aunt's still poorly Dagrun Unhappy
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 5:40pm
When are we getting this together, me dearios?
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 5:59pm
Well we need at least 7 players, so we need one more
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:03pm
Still looking doubtful I'm afraid unless we drag over some peeps from TP - Imrahil's not been on since the end of October and Fion's not been around for a few weeks so we're back to 5 again  Confused

Sjoerd - perhaps you could post in the current mafia game that's just finished over on TP and invite people over here to play? Dotsie's already expressed interest ,but I think Pooh's the only other member on here (he's Gaijin) so the others would need to register Shocked LOL
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:05pm
I;ll give it a try Wink
Doughnut Jimmy View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Doughnut Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:55pm
If I haven't already said I'll play I will
The road goes ever on and on
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 7:04pm
Thanks DJ, we're at 5 now I think

Players so far:
Jano
Quark
Dagrun
Dotsie
DJ
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:13pm
I'll try emailing Fion and see if I can get her in
SimStars View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote SimStars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:25pm
I'll sign up :D I saw your post on the Tp forum
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:29pm
Big smile
6! Only one moreTongue
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:37pm
Hi there SimStars - welcome to DreamWorlds Wink
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:48pm
Hello SimStars! Good to see you over here!
SimStars View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote SimStars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:15pm
Quark View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Minecraftian

Quote Quark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 2:19am
Good grief, I'd kind of forgotten I was participating in this. Welcome Simstars, hope we can pull this off for you :)
"Oh god, he's got an arm that shoots BEES. BEEEES!"
-- Minicrit
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Sjoerd3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 11:03am
Willem from the TP forum is joining us too. As soon as he has registered, the game will commenceWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>