Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Realms of Men > Gondor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor's Guide to Gondor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor's Guide to Gondor
    Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 5:54pm
Welcome to Gondor
the land where the race of Man thrive

Gondor! Gondor!
Between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.

O proud walls! White towers! O winged crown and throne of gold!
O Gondor, Gondor! Shall Men behold the Silver Tree,
Or West Wind blow again between the Mountains and the Sea?

(J.R.R. Tolkien)

Visitors and Newbies may introduce themselves here.
Big smile
While you are here discover all there is to know of our great kingdom.
Feel free to visit and interact with local residents
The Black Swan Inn
Crazy Gondorian Caption Contest
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them here.

Have fun, be creative and enjoy your stay!
Star

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:26am
Well, I"m heading off to peaceful dreams Sleepy I have some posting to do tomorrow morning...

Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:25am
Boo, awake yet after a sleep of over an year. *g* Just looking around lol
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:15pm
*opens eyes* Oooh shiny lights! *puts on shades* Cool

Welcome Aikari! How fare's thee from Valinorea? What tidings do thee bring?

Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:33pm
Miah: Too far I guess. I am on the Plaza faced with "a back to the past" idea concerning the kingdom forums, so my main character of Aiks there is out of the game. I am just wandering around here kinda to see what is going on. And besides I have been a Gondorian for some time, before then an elf of Imladris qua ranking. That might be why I just stumbled in here.

I am a bit lost lol, but Janowyn knows more of it all. Small group of persons around here, I see. I fare quite well though, Valinor is always great to me for a Minyarin girl *g* That is where Aikari is from originally. *nods*

Gondor and especially Minas Tirith is beautiful in the new times of Aragorn and Arwen. Don't know why, but good times spoke always to my imagination.
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:10pm
Yes, I've seen the new forums at plaza. Looks splendid! but alas! I do not have the time to split between two sites anymore and so I've decided to stay here and see how this one grows. We are small yes, but everything starts out that way I suppose, but do spend some time looking and venturing all you like. There is no limit to what you can do here. I've only a few threads open for now, but if there is something u wish to see let me know and we will make it happen! Cool
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 3:08pm
Found this I thought I'd share LOL

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:59pm
Evil Smile 

Well it's about time I suppose - the Elves do have their blue light swords after all (well if they're Gondolin-forged ones anyway) Wink
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:36pm
Welcome back Eridor! Star 

The Houses of Healing is now open for business.

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:27pm
Soooooooo accident-prone that Eridor! Evil Smile
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Eridor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:41pm
Of course I'm accident prone! Thanks Miah!
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:03pm

Kris, Eridor, Dagrun- My sincerest apologies for not posting in a timely manner. Embarrassed Due to constant interruptions in my personal life, I have not been able to get on the computer for more than five or ten minutes at a time. I am working to rectify this though and am still quite eager to rp with y'all, so please don't count me out yet!  

...roger wilco, over and out....

Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Eridor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:36pm
All good Miah, do what ya gots to do in Rl, our posts ain't going nowhere Thumbs Up
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 11:40pm
Woop woop, first to post in three years!
Ahem, where is that feather duster of mine? Cue feather duster! Hellooooo!
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 11:51pm
OldGit Well its ABOUT TIME!!

Ok, we got our feather dusters right? ok Gondor...we're coming for ya! out cold we will take no prisoners...

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 12:25am
Hmmm... I think we should make new threads for our revival so I'm just waiting for Jano's ok and then I'll be at it, starting with the Black Swan Wink

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 10:55pm
No prisoners? Not even if they are 6ft tall, dark and incredibly handsome?

First post in, god that was hard work. I'm so out of practice and disassociated with my little troublemaker. It may take a while to squeeze back into those boots.

I feel like such a newb again  Embarrassed
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 5:25pm
I know, the first post is a Hbanger  to be sure, lol. But you haven't lost your touch by the look of things. Thumbs Up

And I am now currently in the midst of fighting a dang cold! sick You know how difficult it was to get to work this morning? I have a jumbo headache... Note to self: don't let sick people come over for a visit!!! ughhh, getting sick SUCKS!

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 8:27pm
Whoo Hoo! Welcome back AramonHug Its just like old times ain't it? Tongue

I'm hoping more peeps will show up. Sivan, Aredriel, Jamamir and Simaril and...Eridor...um...Durien...

For Christmas celebrations I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? if so, drop them here. Smile

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 11:10pm
No matter how many are around, the old secret Santa threads were always fun.
A santa thief hunt maybe? Where someone stole his presents.
Then you could have a santa rpg whereby he's trying to deliver his prezzies around the city but there's obstacles (dice rolls) in the way that you have to rp your way around. Randomness lol
PS wooooooooo fluffy woooooohooooo! To old times ;) xx

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 12:54am
Yeah a thief hunt was exactly what I was looking at over at the Dreams site today. Oh I had a good laugh at some of those old posts LOL  Remember the one Durien did "White City Christmas Maze" ? oh I read that and nearly fell off my chair laughing. Not sure how she did it though. I'll get working on the Thief Hunt, just tweak the one Le_Mur did.

Aramon View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Aramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 10:07am
HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Hows is everyone?

As for Xmass what about a hunt for the Ebil Orc Santa and his Goblin sled?

God it's good to be back missed ya's all!!!Maybe be not Ti.  sofa

I should really read all the posts first this is the fourth edit.quill

Durien  had a nack for some things one of those was games, I should poke her on face book and see if she has time.
Tírad ú’âr gened, lathrad ú lastad, meled ú guiad.
To see is not to have sight; to hear is not to listen, to love is not to live.
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 4:04pm
Group Hug  ... and then there were three!

I like your idea with the Ebil Orc Santa and his Goblin sled! I was working on one last night but my cold keeps dragging me down sick  so I didn't get too far on it. It was .. Rudolf's Gone Missing... and a thief/mystery hunt as well. But if you have something ready to go then feel free to post a new thread Smile

Secret Santa... I'll have to go back and look at how that was done as I forget, lol. I think we might need more peeps for that one if I'm not mistaken

Aramon View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Aramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 11:55am
Miah - Nothing at this end The last few posts have been my first since Dreams, so maybe for Easter?
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 5:45pm
Oh hey look what I found that might be fun and interesting...LOL

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/c...esolation.html

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:56pm
Woop woop, the Rammas Echor! Thumbs Up
That and the diary thread were great places to explore your character and build on their history (and present thoughts of course). Two of my favourite places. Now, where to start!?
Do you have plans for a diary thread or anything Miah? If not, I might see what I can throw together (professionally of course *coughs*) Tongue
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 4:36pm
Miah Am I having problems seeing your pics or are you having problems showing them? Wacko
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 5:55pm
I moved some pics around and deleted some others I didn't need in Photobucket to make it more organized and now its gone bezerk Confused I'll try to fix it.

And I can copy over from Dreams the thread titled: Chamber of Records & Memoirs, if that is the one you are referring to. It looks like a diary. Let me know if you want the title or anything changed to something else Thumbs Up

Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:48pm
Its all good. Tiana is still finding her feet but that thread helped somewhat in settling back into the deeper side of her character and remembering how she worked lol Thank you Winkiss
Now, where can I find me some mischief...
Aramon View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Aramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 3:36am
 Miah you know Ti is just going to be all kinds of trouble now don't you.   God help us if she finds our where D is hiding.....Wobble
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>