Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lifestyles and Pastimes > Wellbeing, Spirituality and Philosophies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reasons to be Cheerful...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Juggler View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Generalist & Historiographer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Juggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasons to be Cheerful...
    Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:55pm
Reason to be cheerful today is getting £65 quid for some old bits of broken gold items. I was being very silly and sentimental hanging onto broken earing's, the odd inch of broken chain and a clasp from goodness knows what!

£65 quid when you're working is nice but when you're on benefits and someone knocks on your door takes away some broken trinkets and gives you £65.00 then it's like winning the lottery.

You will have to excuse me now because as I'm a lottery winner I'm off to see if there are Ferrari's knocking about for £65 quidLOL
Me.......I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk.
Quark View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Minecraftian

Quote Quark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:27pm
I suggest you check Ebay LOL
"Oh god, he's got an arm that shoots BEES. BEEEES!"
-- Minicrit
Juggler View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Juggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:18pm
Not quite what I had in mind but it seems £65 isn't worth what it was when I was teenagerConfused

Quark View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Minecraftian

Quote Quark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:27pm
You never know... people try to sell some weird stuff on EbayWink Finding a $65 Ferrari is not entirely impossible.

So far the list comes to:

- An Egyptian mummy
- A job
- Jeremy Clarkson's mucous
- A certain illegal product of a white powdery nature
- The Turin Shroud
- Moon rocks

LOL
"Oh god, he's got an arm that shoots BEES. BEEEES!"
-- Minicrit
Juggler View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Juggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:40pm
 A certain illegal product of a white powdery nature..... Mmmmm

I don't rate Ferarri's that muchLOL
DrWho7Freak View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Time Traveller - Orc Forgiver

Quote DrWho7Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:16pm
Moon rocks? is that a stick of rock with the word Moon running all the way down?
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 3:52pm
My it's a long since anyone looked in here! Embarrassed

Also I really need to look at some reasons to be cheerful after a big dip this Weds gone when I was rather overwhelmed with all the effort involved in representing our local patient's group on the 'People's Commissioning Board' (new NHS admin culture than came in on April 1st - talk about symbolic! Wacko) and spent most of Thurs wanting to huddle under the duvet (or hide behind the sofa...) sofa

So - reason to be cheerful today - we're dog-sitting a friend's border collie today and have just had a lovely trip onto the moor with her and Toby chasing balls. Great fun LOL
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:15am
Nothing like a trip on the moor to cheer one up, medear!  Similarly we had a simple but nice afternoon yesterday taking my dear uncle out for a cup of tea and a bun.  He enjoyed it so much.  Good time.
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 6:18pm
Cheerful? Hmm bit difficult right now. But I could do the "hide behind sofa  the couch" motion....

And if the horizon is safe? Then I'll come out. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123