Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Realms of Men > Gondor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGondors Charity Auction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gondors Charity Auction
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:14pm
Gondor's Charity Auction

It has been rumoured lately that the treasurechest has gotten quite empty due to the Stewards nightly escapades in the city's nightclubs. Now our noble ruler has come up with a brilliant idea to get you to give him your money willingly. Through his incredible charm he has convinced some of the most beautifull ladies and handsome gentlemen to offer a night of their time to the highest bidder(Can you say "pimp"?).

Its the evening of the event, the air is sultry and the stars shine bright. Its a night for romance. As you enter the halls, it is dimly lit but the seatings are quite nice, although not too many. Its obvious this event has been arranged for an elite group of Middle-Earth. Waitresses come around to bring you refreshments while you wait for the auction to start. The stage is peninsula-like, around which all the guests are gathered so they can take a good look at the objects of their interest.

Guidelines:

First the guests will asemble, then the GM(me) will post an update to keep the thread going.
The GM will announce the contestants one by one, they will come on the stage while I tell all sorts of nice things about them, after which the bidding can start.
I will give you at least two days to bid for each person, when that person is sold, they will join their purchaser and have a nice evening of their own.
While you wait for all the other guests to arrive, feel free to order a drink from the waitresses, which you may npc freely.

OOC thread right HERE
So, all you bidders, come in, settle down and see what sales you can get your hands on tonight!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:25pm
I'd like a nice table close enough to get a good view of the men please!
Blod skal være min endelige prisen!
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 11:06pm
Tarindo had been chosen to present the Charity Auction for the Steward. What an honour! It was his pleasure to do something for his great city and maybe, just maybe, he'd become famous and score with alot of chicks himself! When the doors finally opened the young man was behind the curtains overgoing the people he would introduce. It sure was a special bunch with even a couple of elves amung them. Almost half were men, so Tarindo hoped thered be plenty of rich, lonely female guests comming tonight. One he knew personally, Miah, whom he kinda liked. Not that he would tell her that, who was he anyway?
His black hair together with his tuxedo gave him a dark vibe, hopefully of charm and sercrecy. The Steward said that if Tarindo'd get enough money out of this evening, he would be asked for more of this stuff in the future. Perhaps success was finally within grasp for this lowly soldier.

NPC Faramir

When he was in Minas Tirith Faramir liked being extravagant and wild just like his father and brother, a side most people didn't know of him. Ohh he was wise, mercyfull, charming and handsome alright, but if you only knew how many babes fell for that. It was just too hard to resist all the time, so the son of Gondor's leader had given it up a long time ago. Being of nobility was also something alot of girls were a sucker for by the way.

While he'd been in Ithilien, his father had gone a little overboard with partying himself so Denethor had come up with a plan to let others earn money for him. It was brilliant, being hosted by some fool with a handsome face and just enough brains to do as he's told. Tonight, Faramir planned to turn in some of his allowance and pick the hottest girl to have fun with. His hair was done with special care and he wore an expensive furcoat over a grey tuxedo. A golden necklace was showing off around his neck and he wore black shoes instead of boots for the ocassion. Yet all of this wealth, he knew, fell into void when he would flash his infamous smile at his target.

Faramir was the first guest to enter the hall. No matter, he would just take a seat right in front of the stage. It sure were cozy seats, you could really lay back and check out the items for sale from a lower vieuw. Soon enough, a waitress came to him, asking if he wanted a drink. She had a pretty face, and that short skirt really made her look...feminine. Mmm how could I say no to such a beautifull lady. Yes I'll have a glass of wine, please. And winked. Great! Ill be right back Mylord. She said with a giggle before turning around to fetch it.
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 11:49pm

Verdalygwen

Vardalygwen took her seat with a hint of embarrasment. The place was almost empty. She wondered if this was worth the effort of wearing her sparklin,g twilight blue, best dress. Nothing had clicked with Romans in the Troll and Dragon back in the village and now she was looking for someone more fun, someone far more understanding of her being half light elf- half human. Someone who liked walking through forests and spotting tree elves! And all there was so far was just some guy she suddenly recalled as being Faramir! So that's what he looked like close up!

Well, she had a largish bag of hard earned money and it was there to be enjoyed. 

A waiter appeared like a whisper at her table "Your pleasure my lady?, it took Verdalygwen a few moments to realise the breathless request was made to her. A sparkling white wine please! After what seemed only seconds he reappeared with a long glass full of chilled 

sparkling wine and placed it before her with a wink. When she went to thank him, he had already gone.

Dalygwen

Dalygwen entered the Hall feeling ashamed and not being able to helpit! But there had been nothing for it but to obey father! He had said "watch out for your cousin Vardalygwen and make sure she does not embarrass herself. The good of the family line is at stake and we can not trust her human side!" Well, thank you father! Mind, they were both unmarried, although Vardalygwen had come close yet not close enough and they deserved a bit of fun!
It was just the fact she had to enter alone. Ah, there was Vardalygwen! Great! 
They had been born on the same day same time and same year. They were twins but from different mothers.She took the next seat after kissing her cousin with affection.
Sjoerd3000 View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Rare jongens, die Romeinen!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:00am
Calvinus entered the great hall. He had been informed that quite a lot of pretty girls would be there. So far he saw only two sitting over there (Vardalygwen and Dalygwen) the only other occupant in the hall, apart from the waiters and waitresses, who were more like furniture anyway, was that idiot Faramir. Who had taken the best seat, he had heard that the Steward had some money problems so maybe he could outbid Faramir.

Can I get you something to drink mylord? Calvinus looked at the waitress she sure was good looking, he gave her a smile yes I like a glass of red wine please.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:43pm
NPC ~ Silen Aranor

He could not believe Jano was going through with this! Or Glorfindel whom he had hoped would talk Jano out of going into this silly auction, only to promptly turn around and say he was doing it too! Well if they thought he was going to sit back and let his beloved go to the highest bidder - who could be anybody! - then they had another think coming. These were his thoughts as he strode into the venue in the White City. The hall looked fairly classy anyway - nothing too tacky in the way of decor at least, allowing for the tastes of the Secondborn which tended towards the gaudy, especially here in the southlands (in his opinion, for wood elves preferred to keep things simple and understated in the main, though the High Noldor might sneer and call it rustic)...

To be fair Glorfindel had said he'd step in to help Silen if it looked like anyone too disreputable was going to win the bidding. The wood elf looked over at the one person in the room who matched that description (Faramir! Tongue) and decided that anyone wearing furs when summer was nearly here was obviously an ostentatious and tasteless sort that he certainly did not want Jano getting within a mile of, let alone arms length! His handsome face set in a severe frown (which just made him look cute in a meaner, moodier way Wink) Silen also went to sit right in front but to the far side. He took a chair so his back was to the stage - he wanted to see the bidders not the 'goods' and from here he could see the entire room. A waiter was passing and he waved them over "I just want a glass and a pitcher of water... please." The waiter was looking at him in a strange way which was also irritating, until he realised that the waiter was in fact a waitress. Blushing a little he added "Thank you, miss" and smiled rather weakly at her, then gave his attention to the other early arrivals after throwing a poisonous glance at the lary gentleman in the fur coat. Two elleths, one of whom he vaguely recognised (Vardalygwen* and Dalygwen) and another military looking man Calvinus. Hmm... well they looked reasonable and surely even Jano wouldn't be able to get into too much trouble with two fellow elleths if they obtained her services. Well, no doubt he had time to size up everyone who was bidding as they arrived.

* he's a little agitated atm Dagrun - he'll come over and play when Jano's been up!
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:51pm
Verdalygwen leaned closer to her cousin Dalygwen, "There is Silen. Remember he came to visit your father a while back. You know how your father favours wood elves!
Dalygwen
gave him an appreciative look. "Very handsome!"
Verdalygwen laughed. "And YOU were concerned about me coming here! I think he looks quite annoyed!"
"It was not me that was concerned about you it was my father! Waiter! oh, hello!" She giggled "Two more of those wonderful white wine spritzers, if you would be so kind!"
"For such lovely ladies as yourselves, of course! May I suggest a few nibbles to go with them?"
"Why not? We are here to enjoy ourselves!"
"He's a waiter. Don't flirt with him! I understand there's some rather handsome men lined up!"
"I have been looking around. There are lot's of wealthy men arriving and there is at least two men my father knows well!"
"Ladies!" The waiter put down the drinks and a generous supply of nibbles.
"When does it start?"

Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:07am
Eridor sighed as he walked into the room seeing many other people all dressed well, suited for the occasion. He felt so stupid for being here, but at the same time it amused him that it could turn out to be quite fun. On the other hand, he lost a bet and this was the wager so he had to do it regardless. "Ah, a silly bet and it could turn out to be a blast, maybe some extordinary beautiful gal will pay a lump some for me. Bah, who am I kidding, look at me!" He chuckled as he strode in, wearing his regular leather clothing he would as a ranger.

Finding a table was no simple task now that people flooded in like cattle searching for a seat. Once Eridor found a spot he sat down and ordered a drink until it was his turn to be auctioned off...that is if anyone would even want to pay for him.
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:37am
Antoninus, who was sitting behind the curtainsTongue, was biting his fingernails, he forced himself to put his hands on his knees. He was so nervous, what if nobody bid for him? The shame he should have to leave Minas Tirith. Why did he signed up for this? IT was his mother's fault she had signed him in hoping there would be some money in it.

He decided to check the hall maybe nobody would show up!
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:19am
(Don't know where you guys are exactly, but just in case, if your rp'ing a signup, then remember your behind the courtain. If thats where you are then excuse me.)
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:10pm
Miah was in her dressing room preparing for the evening’s event feeling about as nervous as a chicken at a fox and hound convention. She had never done anything so crazy in all her life as to put herself up for auction. But then again it was for a good cause right? Otherwise it wouldn’t be a Charity Auction, right? Besides, rumour had it that Faramir was going to be in attendance and Miah wanted to look extra special for him. So while she was fussing with her hair to get it just right her younger sister Naira, who had been helping her all along, left the room to see who all was in attendance so far.

At 16 years of age Naira was just beginning to blossom into a beautiful young lady. She had a few more years yet before she would be even interested in men and going on dates and such. Unlike most ladies her age she was more interested in horses than anything else. However, tonight was a special night for her sister and Naira could not have said no to being asked to help out. So for one night she put aside her riding attire and boots and garnished herself in a pretty white dress trimmed in blue. Her long copper-coloured hair was bound behind her head in a loose braid.

Naira walked to the backstage area, caught a glimpse of someone (Antonius) sitting behind the curtains looking just about as nervous as her sister! On her way past him she smiled and said "Hello". She then made her way to the curtain and peered around it to get a good look at the audience. “Ah ha! Faramir!” she whispered excitedly to herself when she spotted him. However she frowned at his attire for it was not at all like the noble man to show up in public with such gaudy looking garb! And what was that big piece of chunky gold metal hanging around his neck?! Naira scrunched up her face as if she just ate something sour. Then, shaking her head she walked back to Miah’s dressing room (you know, the one with the gold star on the door) and reported what she saw.

“Well, lord Faramir is there alright but…”

“But what?” asked Miah, glancing up from the mirror.

“Hey! Your friend Tarindo is there!” Naira perked up smiling happily, trying desperately to change the subject for she knew her sister would be terribly disappointed to see her favourite Steward’s son looking like…like… Well she just couldn’t say it let alone think it!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 6:46pm
Dalygwen sipped her drink and gazed at the building audience numbers. "It must start soon!"
"Shh! Keep your voice down! People can hear you! There are greater souls than us here you know!" warned Verdalygwen. "Silan Aranor clearly appears to think so! If that look at Faramir was any blacker, then it'd put all the candles out!" Both cousins giggled, the wine starting to take effect. "Oh, dear, if it doesn't start soon, then I'll be seriously drunk!" 
"I'll be drunkerer than you!"
"And Uncle told you to watch over ME?" thier laughter raised over the genreal noise around them.
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:23pm
Calvinus had finished his wine. Instead of asking for some new one he decided to get acquainted with some of the other bidders. He walked to the table were the two pretty ladies (Verdalygwen & Dalygwen) were seated. Any idea when the show will start? He said hoping it would break the ice. He wasn't a man of many words
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:02pm
NPC ~ Glorfindel: Balrog-killer & Jano's self-appointed 'guardian'

"Will you stop twitching that curtain Jano! Silen's there in the far corner and he's not looking over here at all. It's one thing to tease him all the way down here from Eriador, but I really think you should stop trying to annoy him any more than you have now."
"I just want to make sure he's not too cross and upsetting people!"
Fin laughed rather sarcastically and came over to the elleth and, putting his hands firmly on her shoulders, moved her forcibly away from the gap in the curtains. "If he's not already too cross he soon will be when he claps eyes on what you're wearing..." he sighed resignedly for he had long since discovered that his dear little 'sister' had rather set ideas on what did, or did not amount to teasing, and needed a level head to keep her from going too far. She did look lovely in that dress though, but he knew how he'd react if any elleth he loved wore the same dress she was in the night he'd fallen in love with her...
"Well what else was I supposed to wear! The only other decent dress I have was the one I wore for our betrothal party and he really would hate it if I wore that!"
"Whose fault is it that you look like you've traded clothes with a stablehand most of the time? And don't you dare blame Silen for that either, you minx! He'd let you wear a corn sack and think you looked beautiful in it..." He shook his golden head at Jano, smiling in spite of the aggravation, but then went back to the conversation they'd been having all day. "...it's still not too late to pull out of this you know. I didn't think Silen would worry like this. He really is concerned about you Jano." The stubborn look in the elleth's eyes told him he was wasting his time. Well there was always Plan B - he planned to do some bidding of his own tonight...
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:06pm
Dalygwen grinned. "Hello! And who might you be, handsome stranger? We have absoluteley no idea when it will start! We have a spare seat here, would you like to join us?"
"Dalygwen!"  Verdalygwen was scandalised. "We have not been introduced." She hissed.
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:10pm
I would like that very much. My name is Calvinus with whom do I have the pleasure?
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:23pm
Dalygwen snorted into her wine. "Pardon me! It is the bubbles!" From tipsy to straight cold sober. She was proud of herself. 
"I do apologise for my cousin.! "I am Verdalygwen Tylar and this is my cousin Dalygwen Tylar!" She sighed as Dalygwen blushed. "Do help yourself to the nibbles. Calvinus. An unusual name for these parts. Where are you from?"
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:10pm

Tarindo was rather excited as he watched the crowd grow quickly and mingle with eachother before the show started. All kinds of people where there; elves, a strange military man, a ranger and even the steward's son lord Faramir! The show had not started yet but the beginning was drawing near and the man was starting to get really nerveus...What if he said something stupid? What if he'd slip on stage? Obviously people wouldnt be paying attention to him much...except if hed make a rediculous fall or something.

Anyway, it was almost time to start, so the man went backstage to the dressingrooms to inform the first auctionee that it was their turn soon. Walking through the hallways with which he had familliarised himself earlier, Tarindo found the dressingroom with the number 1 on. Excuse me, sir. He said, opening the door halfway to greet the elf called Glorfindel inside. Are you ready? I'm about to introduce you to the guests, so please make your way behind the curtain. With a smile and a nod, he closed the door again and walked to his spot himself. On the outside, he was like a snowflake, cool and charming, but on the inside he was praying to all the Valar and Maia and whatnot that everything would be fine.

Having taken a deep breath, the young soldier put a big smile on his face and pushed open the curtains. Stepping into a big light in the middle of the stage, he stood still for a moment. Nothing but a big grin on his face, Tarindo felt confident all of the sudden. Good evening...Ladies and gentleman. He started slowly so everyone would understand and stop talking. May I have your attention please? Welcome to the Charity Auction for Minas Tirith. I am thrilled so many upstanding people made it here, Gondor appreciates your attribution and the ladies and gentlemen behind the curtains right there, also appreciate you and are sure to show it to those who show them that sentiment. Now he walked backwards slowly, then to the side of the stage to make a clear path. I'm sure you'r all fed up with waiting and I shall not stall you anymore. Here is our first auctinee! He announced, raising his right arm to where the elf would pass him by. His name is Glorfindel! From the Last Homely Home in the west, he is a 75OO year old elf, born in the Blessed Realm; Valinor where I am sure he was very well blessed. Ladies! Look at this stunning appearance, he is your knight in shining armor, brave and loyal. He likes fine wine and fine company. For just a small amount of your currency, this hero of the ages could be yours tonight...and perhaps future nights to come. He then paused his speech to give everyone a good look at Glorfindel, before going on to the bidding. We will start the bidding low tonight, although I'm sure he'll fetch a far higher price if your not quick. The minimum will be fifty gold coins, everybody, commence the bidding!

NPC Faramir

There he was, enjoying a fine red wine while he waited. Soon other people entered. Finally! First were a couple of lady elves(Dalywgen & Verdalygwen) whom he greeted with a nod and a smile but did not otherwise interact with. As a noble of the main family of Gondor, Faramir was supposed to be talking to everybody in this city, he was supposed to know everybody of importance you see. But tonight, it was a night of private amusement. A man not from around here(Calvinus) walked in and gave the Captain a bad look. Pfft. He thought. He's probably just jealous because he can't be like me. He looks military enough, probably whishes HE was a famous, heroic captain.

Having just finished his drink, the waitress was there real quick to come pick it up. She giggled again, obviously liking the idea of bringing this charming fellow his drinks. Then Faramir got a bright idea...What if he could just bring this one home and save his money? Thank you mylady. He said flashing his smile. Your doing a really good job you know? Might I be so bold as to remark that you are very pretty? The girl blushed and giggled again, perhaps that was her way of communication? What might your name be?-Cherry Mylord. Now she was beaming, expecting a hookup with the most eligable man in the Kingdom...But it would not be so. Faramir just had to put on a fake interested smile now before he told her it was pretty and that her colleagues seemed to be beckoning for her at the other end of the room. She's pretty but I'm not going to get involved with a girl who's name is something I put in my fruitsalade thats just rediculous!

Going on now, another elf had entered(Silen) and this one really seemed to want him dead. The look he got from this first born one was so intimidating that the ranger was secretly hoping the elf had mistaken him for someone else. Then a spotlight lit up the stage out of the relative darkness ruling it and the guy who hosted the show(Tarindo) came up. A smile came upon his face when he started talking and the show would commence any minute now.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:13pm
"What is he saying!?" Glorfindel hissed at Jano as he passed her to walk out onto the stage and instantly knew the answer as her face looked a little too angelic "Just you wait until tomorrow - if I find out you 'doctored' my application for..." He had to stop as he was a pace away from the stage.

Satifying himself with the glare that had made the Witchking of Angmar shake like jello one thousand years past at his dear little 'sister', he managed to switch to a more genial expression as he glided into view with a warrior's grace that would not have shamed a predatory feline. The lights were rather bright, but his strong, far-seeing elven eyes narrowed so he could make out most of the audience, especially Silen over in the corner and not looking at him all. There was a smattering of Elves there, but the bidders mostly appeared to be mortals of one kind or another, and some very pretty females too. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all... He had reached the runway where all the participants had been told to stand whilst the bidding went on. His smile grew stronger as he walked a little way down and stood, relaxed and confident for he knew he was looking his best in an ivory linen tunic shirt with ballooning sleeves, topped by a richly embroidered sleeveless heavy silk robe of a midnight blue colour that went very well with his sharp slate-blue eyes and long golden hair in warrior braids before his ears, then cascading in soft waves down his back to his waist. The robe came down to mid-thigh and was slightly open revealing long, strong legs covered in well-cut dark grey hose and glossy black riding boots that came up to mid-calf. He had decided not to wear his sword, but he did carry a dagger in a bejewelled sheath held on a beautifully copper-studded ornate belt. He hoped he wouldn't go too cheaply...
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:16pm
Dalygwen threw her hand into the air "Fifty gold coins!"

Verdalygwen shocked at her usually controlled cousin, blushed. Everyone must be looking, she was certain! Why had she sat so close to the  catwalk? "Cousin!" she hissed. This was most unusual behaviour from Dalygwen. If this was the beginging what was she going to be like by the end?
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:22am
NPC Teleris 'Telly' Savaloy ~ dark foo-fighter extraordinaire

"Just go and keep an eye on the event - there might be a malignant break through from the nether planes. Yeah right. What was it with this City? Circuses and Hunky Hero Pageants and now this - thingie! Oh yeah, and look who's first up - the Golden Wonder! Typical!" These less than charitable thoughts were shrouded from view on the impassive Elf's face as he glided mostly unnoticed down the shadowy sides of the hall. He had already spotted someone he knew might be able to help him and he made for the front of the assembly and took a seat opposite him, looking up disdainfully at the Golden Wonder who really should be severely admonished for getting so glossed up - it really didn't help to strut your shiney stuff quite so blatantly and really a Noldo of such good stock ought to know better! He could almost feel the pink mist gathering at the edges of existence already. Time to check the list of 'merchandise'.
"Suil Silen - who's up next?"
"Jano!"
*Oh you poor sap!* Telly thought compassionately. Aloud he was more business-like"Well she should know what to look out for - what's the bidding on his nibs so far?"
"Fifty in gold coins I think - can you move your head please, I can't see that desert type person properly"
"Sure, mellon!" Telly moved his chair back slightly out of Silen's eye line. Well if there was going to be a reality breach maybe he'd better stir it up a bit. Always intuitive when he was on duty, the bald Elf nodded curtly at the MC (Tarindo) and called out emphatically "Fifty-five gold coins!"
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:41am
Dalygwen looked unhappy. "Who is THAT?" She asked as a tall well built but bald individual took a seat beside Silen Aranor. 
"I do not know but he appeasrs to know Silan." Replied Verdalygwen."I do know that you are going to embarrass me!" She smiled in embarrassment at the man sitting by them. " I am sorry, Calvinus, but sometimes my cousin can forget herself!" She shrunk in her seat as Dalygwen called loudly: 
"He's georgeous!"
Uncle, thought Verdalygwen, I am going to have to seriously speak to you about who needs watching in this family!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:53am
Always intuitive when he was on duty, the bald Elf nodded curtly at the MC (Tarindo) and called out emphatically "Fifty-five gold coins!"
Verdalygwen shuddered as Dalygwen put up her hand and shouted "Sixty Gold coins!"
"Cousin, do you have the money?" She whispered. The family, the Healing clan itself, although old and wealthy, was not as wealthy as others present and there was an amount to which even she, herself, would not dare to venture. But there were other more brain teasing matters. Why was that bald headed guy so interested in Glorfindel? Surely he would be better off after a woman? He was tall, rather stunning, and had a rather sexy appeal. She blushed. This was turning out to be harder 'fun' than she had thought!
Quark View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Minecraftian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:44pm
OOC ( Lost the avatar, sorry. I'll try finding a new generator somewhere. )

Skylux lurked in the corner, or, to be more precise, the psychological corner. After careful examination he'd worked out that the particular space where he was standing was where all sentient beings' minds carefully glossed over, which was very handy indeed so long as he didn't do anything particularly stupid. He gazed out of the windows into Gondor's night.
Ah, Middle-Earth. Do you remember old Smaug? he thought.
I'll get that coronet back some day, came the reply.
Skylux grinned slightly, deciding he might as well do something useful, seeing as there was no way he was getting involved in all this auctioning. He carefully located the kitchen door, and slipped inside.
"Oh god, he's got an arm that shoots BEES. BEEEES!"
-- Minicrit
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:58pm
Calvinus. An unusual name for these parts. Where are you from?
Normally Calvinus didn't liked talking about his past but maybe the wine made him want to talk.
I'm from the North have been a soldier of fortune for years. I've been in the service of Gondor several years now and I have made quite a fortune. So I'm planning on spending a bit of it here. He grinned Not yet interested though I hope some girls will be up next.

He turned to Verdalygwen, I think your cousin had a bit too much to drink, maybe it would be better and safer for the family fortune, to let her drink water the rest of the night.
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:26pm
He turned to Verdalygwen "I think your cousin had a bit too much to drink, maybe it would be better and safer for the family fortune, to let her drink water the rest of the night."

Verdalygwen smiled in relief at his generous understanding. "Thank you. She gets these moments you know! It's the freedom. When her Father finds out he'll be really really angry! I'll be ok, I'll be at my job in the Healing Halls, I will avoid most of the flak! Waiter! Oh! That was quick! Another drink for my friend and a tall glass of cold water for my cousin."
"And for you Madam?"
"I'll have another glass of wine please and, may we have more nibbles?"
"For you, gentle lady, anything!".
Verdalygwen leant across her happy cousin towards Calvinus, "I am really worried about that Waiter! He seems strangely familiar and I can't put my finger on it! So, you have been in Gondor. I hope you will like it here."

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:22am
*What is the point of being the Warlord of Eriador when all of your subordinates appear to delight in being insubordinate at the drop of hat!* This dolorous thought expressed itself on Fin's (Glorfindel's too much for this Ermm) handsome face as an eagle-like frown in the direction of someone he had thought was more or less responsible and able to follow simple, last minute instructions. Such as *I need you to help Silen keep Jano out of any disreputable hands so will you please do some bidding for her on my behalf if it looks like she's attracting the wrong sort of interest*. This apparently had somehow translated itself in Sergeant Savaloy's (Telly) foo-obsessed brain as *bid for me please I'm frightened of all these females...*

As has already been noted, Fin's glance was very sharp indeed and Telly had the grace to look a tad remorseful at this pretty obvious signal to not spend any more of Fin's money on Fin... He smiled politely at the rather excitable looking elleth (Dalygwen) sitting nearby as she topped Telly's bid by another 5 golden coins - well 60 wasn't too shameful obviously.The two other people at the same table (Verdalygwen and Calvinus) didn't look quite so keen however. He looked around at the MC (Tarindo), hoping this would end the bidding and get him off this silly stage. Then his sharp pointy ears were drawn to wings where another auctionee - the rather handsome but probably unbalanced lady from Harad (Petulana) was hissing rather frantically at some odd very tall mortal who was sitting rather sulkily in the other corner of the hall from Silen and Telly. Fin couldn't help being a little relieved that the man was evidently refusing to bid thus far.
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:33pm
Glorfindel looked around at the MC (Tarindo), hoping this would end the bidding and get him off this silly stage.
Dalygwen looked puzzled and looked towards the MC Tarindo, "Have I won him?" She asked.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:56pm
NPC Petulana: dowager Duchess of Thurdz Province, Far Harad

If her stupid brother didn't get his bone-idle hand up in the air in the next 10 seconds Petulana vowed she'd feed him to the fire-ants* when they got home. This Elven Lord was pushing all the right buttons for her and he would be hers! For the night anyway...

NPC Pelmor: much put upon brother of Petulana

If his silly sister didn't stop hissing at him right away, he was out of here! How was she supposed to 'play' with this rather washed out blond throwback when she herself would be at someone's beck and call when she came on the auction block was anyone's guess... No - she'd been more than explicit. He was there to 'purchase' her if anyone too objectionable looked like getting her for the rest of the evening. She'd said nothing about 'presents' for herself so she could go whistle. With an irritating grin on his face, the lanky Thurdzan studiously ignored the wings of the stage where his sister was still gesturing wildly at him, took out his extremely large ceremonial dagger and began to clean his nails very thoroughly...

*Fire-ants are a rare mutated species only found in Thurdz and are around the size of a labrador dog - they really like honey... and firepits Evil Smile
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 11:47pm
This was off to a great start so far! Especially one of two elven ladies at a table(Dalygwen) were really into bidding for this elf. She looked pretty nice and Tarindo figured this must be a lucky guy, one of the several that would appear tonight undoubtedly. But when a bald elf type(Telly) came in and started bidding, the Gondorian was a little taken back. Ummm...Yes, fifty-five coins to that man over there!Do I hear sixty?! The man only hoped one of the ladies would bid higher or that Glorfindel swung that way, cuz else he was most likely going to have an unpleasent evening. Fortunately the elf lady bid higher. Sixty! Thank you, do I hear sixty-five?...Going once?...Going twice? He paused for a bit longer now, perhaps someone would bid more but was doubting till the last moment. No such luck for the treasure chest though. Sold! To the elven lady in the twillight blue dress, for sixty gold coins! He announced and beckoned the lady to come collect her prize. You two make a fine pair, have fun together!

Now that the first one was on his way with the person who bought them, it was time for the next one to be sold. Trusting the people backstage had done their job and warned the elven lady, Tarindo raised his arm again. Ladies and gentlemen! The first pair of the evenight is a fact, but do not dispair! Theres plenty more! He nodded and grinned. The next person will be one for the gentlemen in the room. Please meet...The lovely Janowyn! She's an Eldar aswell, about 250 years old and born right here in Gondor. Appart from being so stunningly beautifull, she's kind, thoughtfull and very creative. He exhanged some very meaningfull looks with some of the male members of the biddingpannel. She enjoys singing, poetry, taking moonlight walks and swimming. Tarindo decided not to inform people she was betrothed to anyone, she could inform whoever bought her of that herself later, what mattered now was enriching the moneypurse of his Lord. Having given everyone a chance for a good look at her, it was time to start the bidding again. We will commence at sixty gold coins!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>