Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Realms of Men > Rohan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Rohan Planning Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rohan Planning Thread
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:48pm

Present your ideas here for things to do in the Riddermark

Doughnut Jimmy View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Doughnut Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:59pm
Ride horses, slaughter orcs and feast and carouse long into the night!

(will try and find some practical suggestions later)
The road goes ever on and on
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:59pm
LOL well those are some definite possibilities DJ, especially riding the horses. I wouldn't mind making up a rpg that involves writing about an Orc raiding party (short story)that is similiar to the one where Eomer's riders spring upon the Sauron's Orcs after they captured Merry and Pippin. We will need a moderator though... someone to direct the story.
Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Eridor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 3:36am
Good idea on that rpg Miah. I would have no problem doing a position as a moderator in any rpg, save for the critical fact that I don't think I have ever done it. At least...Ermm I don't remember doing it ever. 
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:23am
 I think you'd remember that if you had run one!  LOL

I'd play (not GM - too much to do elsewhere) - will happily do an orc (very therapeutic!)
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Eridor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 3:49pm
Yeah I don't believe I have LOL. I have some orcs I prob can throw in too, maybe a rohan rider as well.

On the note of that idea Miah, what did you have in mind for characters being in the raiding party. Did you plan to have any canon char's or just our own to conduct this and start something up?
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:50am
Well I would have the part of the canon characters directed by the GM and to be used sparingly. We would probably do better if we used our own characters.  I'd be willing to get something going but right now I can't spare the time. Embarrassed

...but when I do I think I'm going to write a short story called, "A Day in the Life of Eowyn" Tongue 
Eridor View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Eridor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 4:19pm
Hmmm, just been looking around here and I know there isn't too much in Rohan for posting. With reason that is the case but I was thinking i'd write up a thread along the lines of Rammas Echor/Streets of Minas Tirith to give any Rohan lovers a chance to post here about whatever it is they wish to write about.

I had sorta 3 rough ideas after going over a map and what the activities available in the thread could be like.

1)Edoras 2) Helms Deep 3)West Fold and East Fold*this could be altered in name*

Basically one of those three I thought could work because there is multiple things that can be done in each of them. Now Helms deep just was kinda a third answer because I know a lot of people know it but I think the other two would be more suited to an open rp thread. So give me your opinions on if you'd enjoy a thread along these lines allowing you to write about persay shopping for supplies in edoras, or maybe training with the King's guard to go out for a raid...I'm open to anything Smile
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:22am
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Eridor, I was on vacation. But now that I am back I can think more of this. I agree. I think Rohan could use a free rp thread like The Streets of Minas Tirith. But what shall we call it? I do have a few Rohan activities in the planning stages. Maybe some sort of dice roll game or perhaps a RP adventure where the GM gives each player a prompt to follow that leads them through some kind of course through Rohan. Geek yeah I'm a geek, lol. 
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:39am
Home of the horselords of old....always great to remember it. Smile
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Yeah, it would have been nice to have opened a few RP threads in Rohan but it never happened, unfortunately. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply