Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Great Riffs...
    Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 12:16am

... you know the sort of thing I mean and it's not Status Quo 'cos they've done theirs to death really.

Now I'm not going to pretend to be a purist in this - I don't care where or how these bursts of genius come into being - there's a limit to how many geniuses like Hendrix come along in a generation and I don't care if Simon Cowell ever b*tched about them or if they were the voice of the great smell of Brut.

WHEREVER OR HOWEVER
you heard it it 1st and just got the blasting of the eardrums and thought Censored-ing WOW!
Share it with us! Evil Smile

Here's mine and I'll give the WOW part first because I liked this anyway before I saw the ad - in the cinema, in the front row and I was blown away. And this is why..!

and if you want to hear the full original version ('cos the lead singer's really hot Tonguethis is the bands vid - superb! Cool
You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment ~ Henry David Thoreau
Ceregorn View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Ceregorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 7:38pm
This one below was the song that I think of as being the one that woke me up. I'd been deaf to music before hearing it...

My early childhood was during the 80's and I thought that music came in two flavours, the awful stuff my older sister was listening to (Culture Club, Bananarama, Wham etc.), or else the dreary prog-rock stuff my dad would put through the stereo at ear shattering volume (I still can't listen to Jethro Tull or emerson, Lake & Palmer). Then one day my uncle came to stay for a few days, bringing with him some homemade mixtapes, the first track of which hit me like a jolt of electricity that bypassed my brain entirely, instead opting to simply pulse the nerve in my neck which made my head bang...

The other tapes contained stuff by artists as diverse and varied as Dexy's Midnight Runners, Prince Buster  and The Smiths. Thank goodness for music loving uncles is all I can say. Wink

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 11:33am

Nuff said... Star

except that the Album this was on came out THIS DAY in 1985
You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment ~ Henry David Thoreau
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:04pm
except that the Album this was on came out THIS DAY in 1985 said Jano:

I under went keep fit to this! Nice and easy and sing along too!
Blod skal være min endelige prisen!
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:00pm
LOL Beat's great for that -

I like it most 'cos the words are easily rendered into utter gibberish - such as
I want my I want my Ent teepee/End to pee/Entropy (the Stephen Hawking versionTongue)/Aunty's tea etc etc etc
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:19pm
or.. We gotta moo he's colour blind visions....!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 11:11pm
I just think this so brilliant!

Juggler View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Generalist & Historiographer

Quote Juggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:24pm
Even as a life long Pink Floyd devotee I have to admit that this has to be the riff of all time

Spare 10 minutes and isten to this and be amazed that fingers can move that quicklyConfused
Me.......I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:23pm
Bumps for Feature threads...

Accept no substitutes! Evil Smile
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:18am
Here's a good 'un - and a bonus vid for TP fans! Evil Smile

Doughnut Jimmy View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Doughnut Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:30am
LOL
The road goes ever on and on
Ceregorn View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Ceregorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 2:21am
For John.

Post Reply Post Reply