Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting to Know You
    Posted: 28 May 2009 at 7:31pm
Getting to know you!!

We have many ways of getting to know each other - but this one’s for those who have a deep-seated need to tell the world exactly how wonderful they are – and for the nosey parkers who want in-depth and unexpurgated vital stats… Evil Smile 

Where possible feel free to post some piccies (or ask me nicely and I'll do it for you ’cos I'm good like that) with the info you put up (although if you’re 13 or younger (gods I wish I was!) I think there’s some restriction on putting pictures of yourself on the web
So if you are 13 or younger just do the writing bits and leave the mugshots off.

HOW IT WORKS

1. Copy and paste the following survey into your post and just go through answering whichever questions you want to (delete the ones you don’t want to answer as you like). If you’re fussy on presentation feel free to add pretty colours or highlighting too – see if I care! Wink

2. Post a picture(s) of you if you like (but please read the previous section if you're 13 or younger). A recent one would be great, but you don’t have to have any – we’ll just assume that they’re really bad or exposes you to some form of blackmail…

3. Feel free to add any other things that you think we should know or make up some more questions if you want (will add those onto this template as we go if they’re interesting!)

THIS IS ME!

Real First Name:
Occupation/Former occupation(s):
Hobbies:
Things you love:
Pet Peeves:

Insert piccies of you here!
(remember - if you're 13 or younger you should not do this)

Comments about your picture(s):

FAVOURITE THINGS (you can have more than 1 if you want!)
Colour:
Food:
Beverage/Tipple:
Flower:
Season:
Book:
Movie:
Actor or Actress:
TV Show:
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever):
CD:
Singer/Band:
Song:
Fast Food Restaurant:
Board Game:
Computer Game:
Musical Instrument:
Cologne or Perfume:
Things to do at the Weekend:
Vacation Location:
Word or Phrase:
Sport/athlete:
Favorite quote:
Additional comments:

YOUR PROFILE/ADOPTED CHARACTER INFO
Name and nickname:
Joined the forum on:
Favorite posting place on the Forum:
Why did you choose that name/character?:
What made you register on this forum?:

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?:
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?:
Change anything in your life what would that be?:
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?:
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?:
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?:
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?:

Anything else you'd like to share with us?

Also, if you have trouble getting your pics up, let me know (PM) and I'll try and post it for you
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 8:41pm
Well as I started this... Star

THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Jan
Age: hah! 50 and a very little bit... <Jano edit ~ bah 51 and a very, very, tiny little bit now Angry>
Birthday: The latter part of the Summer Solstice (22 June)
Occupation/Former occupation(s): Now, well this is what I do - play on forums and do as much writing as I can; formerly I also worked on websites, but not the sort I wanted to use myself
Hobbies: Finally my job is my hobby! Ying Yang Writing and design.
Things you love: My dog Toby, my PC and my friends
Pet Peeves: People who don't mean what they say

Comments about your picture(s): Coming soonish

Colour: Strong blues; blue-greens & purples
Food: Sit down anyone who knows me - Wink Proper Chocolate; proper ice cream; strawberries; Italian food; seafood
Beverage/Tipple: Good quality tea (Assam; Darjeeling & Lapsang Souchong); hot chocolate; german & belgian lagers; gin & tonic - very cold with lime; brandy alexanders
Flower: hmmm - not too keen on cut flowers as such but freesias; honeysuckle; bluebells; snowdrops; lilyof the valley - ones that smell nice! Smile
Season: Not a big one for sun - autumn & winter if there's snow and I'm inside... with a nice hot chocolate with a dash of Grand Marnier... Tongue
Book: I can't get away with this one...! The Lord of the Rings (so the whole thing), but I also love Terry Pratchett and really have no favourites as such 'cos they're all good, but Moving Pictures; Small Gods and Nightwatch are always near the top of the list.
Movie: Argggh! Angry Very hard - Fellowship of the Ring (the other two were too 'iffy' and less true to the book) but my all-time favourite film is Some Like it Hot!
Actor or Actress: Rats! Another toughie - Alan Rickman; Tom Hanks; Jeremy Irons; Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep;  Geraldine James; Bette Midler; Michelle Pfeiffer
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien; Terry Pratchett; Jane Austen
TV Show: Nope - don't do TV (much) these days... except for Family Guy; Futurama; The Simpsons; Coronation St; Emmerdale & Doctors Wacko
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): LotR Trilogy; Lion King Embarrassed; Carry on Spying
CD: 100 Christmas #1s... seriously too many - compilations mainly and anything from metal to opera (no C&W though - though I quite like Dolly Parton's writing and The Blues Bros version of the Rawhide theme... Wacko)
Singer/Band: Pinch OK Queen & David Bowie, but there's loads
Song: I Dreamed a Dream (Les Miserables); Search for the Hero (M People); China in your hand (T'pau)
Fast Food Restaurant: No. No. No. Nearest I'll go to that is Red Lobster
Board Game: Trivial Pursuit
Computer Game: Nope
Musical Instrument: Harp; Oboe; Saxophone
Cologne or Perfume: Dune; L'eau D'Issey - on blokes Ermm not Lynx... Dead Fahrenheit's OK though
Things to do at the Weekend: Get up even later; not go shopping; not do anything I don't want to
Vacation Location: Norway; Namibia; Cumbria
Word or Phrase: Yes we have Honeycomb and Clotted Cream Ice Cream Madam....?
Sport/athlete: Ugh to sport - athletes... Embarrassed Well Daley Thompson was v. nice...
Favorite quote: "Fly, you fools" or "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
Additional comments: Nope

Name and nickname: Jano (short for Janowyn)
Joined the forum on: at the very beginning last year
Favorite posting place on the Forum: DreamGalaxies & the Middle Earth Forum
Why did you choose that name/character?: She's an Elf I've played on other forums - but really she's me only nicer, thinner and much taller...
What made you register on this forum?: 'Cos it's cool and my old forum moved over here - and some of my ideas helped create it too Wink

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Norway - or possibly somewhere like the Faroe Islands (I happen to like sheep and seals) - people not so much... Tongue
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Writing and playing on forums - oooo! LOL
Change anything in your life what would that be?: for Jano's bloke Silen to be real and fancy short pneumatic women...? Evil Smile I'd be a a few inches taller I think
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: Bad days - a dragon so mostly that. 'Good' day I'd be a unicorn or a cat depending on how tired I was feeling 
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: The Bennetts in Pride and Prejudice - kidding! I'd be Calculon's robot wife
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: Comfortable ones - that felt soft - velour's nice... LOL
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: Well there's Silen again - but maybe someone like Mr. Knightley in Emma. He's nice and 'gentlemanlike' but also kind, sensible and quite tough when he needs to be

Anything else you'd like to share with us? No thank you Tongue
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 12:13pm
Bumps for some attention - even if we already know you it's always intriguing what you can find out with these silly surveys Evil Smile
Dijon Mustarde View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Dijon Mustarde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:30am
THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Dijon.. well, not really actually.
Birthday: Located halfway through the year in one of the best months there is.
Occupation/Former occupation(s): I work in the fast food industry. *g* 
Hobbies: Drinking iced coffees?
Things you love: Forums like these and sunny days
Pet Peeves: Insincere peoples

(I'm the one sitting on top of the hot dog.) Pig

FAVOURITE THINGS (you can have more than 1 if you want!)
Colour: Red.
Food: Anything taco-y or burrito-y
Beverage/Tipple: Coffee. Mochas. Iced Coffee. Frappuccinos. You get the point, I love coffee!
Flower: Uh... roses or lilies?
Season: Summer
Book: The Lord of the Rings and  A Tale of Two Cities. Oliver Twist is good too.
Movie: The Lord of the Rings. (all three), and I like alot of other movies but not as much as those.
Actor or Actress: Right now it's Johnny Depp.
TV Show: I don't watch TV
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): LotR
CD: I don't have a favourite CD
Singer/Band:  Cascada, The Killers, Coldplay, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel.. ah too many. I don't really like particular artists as much as particular songs.
Song: 'Now you're gone' - Basshunter, 'Miracle', Cascada. 'Smooth Criminal' - Michael Jackson. Actually, too many to list here. I like alot of music.
Fast Food Restaurant:  Taco Bell's the best.
Board Game: Pictionary.
Computer Game: I don't play any.
Musical Instrument: Fiddle/Violin though I don't play it.
Cologne or Perfume: Yes. I just purchased some.
Things to do at the Weekend: Hang out, listen to music.. do something spontaneous, I dunno.
Vacation Location: Arizona. Or Texas.
Word or Phrase: None that I can think of
Sport/athlete: ...
Favorite quote: I don't have one right now.. well, I kind of do but there are too many and I can't think of one right now.
Additional comments: The Piggy says hi. Pig 

Name and nickname: Dijon Mustarde - usually just called Dijon.
Joined the forum on: This forum? Like yesterday or something.
Favorite posting place on the Forum: Haven't looked around enough yet to know. Probably the Shire and anywhere else fun.
Why did you choose that name/character?: Because I happen to like it very much.
What made you register on this forum?: It looked interesting. We'll see.

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Arizona. Or Australia that I have yet to visit.
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Manager of some fast food place? Nah I'm joking. I don't know yet.
Change anything in your life what would that be?: I'd change my introverted-ness.
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: I would never want to be an animal of any sort.
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: I think my family is good enough. Well kinda. *g*
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: Clothes that look nicer and are less ridiculous. That's very vague I know.
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: Hmm... that one will have me thinking for a while.

Anything else you'd like to share with us? The Piggy is still saying hi... Pig
Sivan Ilius View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer
Darkest of the Dark Lord's Minions

Quote Sivan Ilius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
I have a spare hour; let's fill this out =D
THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: I shall never tell!
Birthday: It depends on what time zone you're in
Occupation/Former occupation(s): student
Hobbies: Writing, learning about languages, studying history/mythology
Things you love: Not much
Pet Peeves: Mankind, science, scientists, politics, politicians, televison, leaving cupboards/drawers/bottles open (I have an uncontrollable drive to close them)

Colour: none
Food: none. . .definitely not Americanized Azn food
Beverage/Tipple: none
Flower: any fuzzy flowers?
Season: summer
Book: anything by Tolkien, anything by Machiavelli, Sun Tzu's the Art of War, any royal annals, any ancient Greek/Roman literature, Beowulf, zee Bible. . .so basically anything very old and very wise and, occasionally, very seedy >=D
Movie: Ladyhawke, Dragonheart, Braveheart, The Godfather 1 & 2, the original Manchurian Candidate, any old Classics that aren't by Tennesse Williams or people like Tennessee Williams as he just annoys the habberdash out of me!
Actor or Actress: I don't like actors and actresses
TV Show: I detest television
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): isn't that the same thing as movies?
CD: I'm confused
Singer/Band: The music I listen to was made when the composers were more important than the "singers" or "bands"
Song: Da Pacem Domine by Arvo Part, The Symphony of Sorrows by Gorecki, Mozart's Lacrimosa, Gregorian plainsongs =D
Fast Food Restaurant: I hate any and all fast food.  .  . but for the sake of the Republic of Texas, I'll say Whataburger
Board Game: Scrabble...I always win!
Computer Game: I like Rome: Total War and Fable but I don't and can't and wouldn't play it anyways; I've got better things to do.
Musical Instrument: I can play the viola as a novice, and can therefore play the violin as not-so novice (the violin's easier to play!); I don't have any particularly favourite instruments
Cologne or Perfume: never
Things to do on the Weekend: stare in utter disbelief that a human being can be so unfathomably bored!!!
Vacation Location: I DESPISE VACATIONS!!!!! GARG!
Word or Phrase: Pish posh! Sentimental hogwash! Bunk! Claptrap! Indeed! and so on and so forth
Sport/athlete: real football, not "American" I have no magnetism toward any particular person who plays football, though.
Favorite quote: none
Additional comments: none

Name and nickname: Sivan Ilius; called Sivan
Joined the forum on: I joined Dreams on Miah's birthday I believe one and a half years ago; I joined Dream Worlds a couple of months ago, I guess
Favorite posting place on the Forum: none in particular
Why did you choose that name/character?: That's my artistic alias. . .don't ask
What made you register on this forum?: I joined Dreams because I think I may have found it randomly in a search or in one of those rank sites saying which LotR websites are the best; For Dream Worlds: I was registered to Dreams, so this was only natural.

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: I don't know. Somewhere where the grass is tall and golden, the evergreen trees are hidden off into the distance below and on top of a vast mountain and beyond that mountain is a never-ending, clear blue sea.
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: I don't like occupations; I have more respect for Da Vinci than Michaelangelo
Change anything in your life what would that be?: EVERYTHING
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: a Dragon
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: a rich, influential family; it would make taking over the world far easier
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: my opinion in such matters does not count
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: I'm a life-long bachelor-ette. ;) I much prefer celibacy.
Anything else you'd like to share with us? Reveal any of this confidential information to my enemies and rivals for world-power, and I will destroy you!!!! Angry
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:25pm

LOL..these are good, especially Sivan... nuttier than a loon!

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:47pm
I'm scared - she'll have to be Sauron I think Ermm
chris.ph View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote chris.ph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 6:58pm
jan you know dam well i cant use these blinkin machines, it would take me weeks to type that lot in
Dinelleth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer
Thranduil's daughter in law!

Quote Dinelleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:51pm
Any Therapist reading these will think he/she has hit a gold mine of patients! LOL

THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Classified 
Birthday: None in the true sense of the word. I just suddenly appeared as I am one day.
Hobbies: Writing 
Things you love: The splendor of nature. 
Pet Peeves: Cliquish people

Colour: Green
Food: Pancakes 
Beverage: Ice cold milk
Flower: Mountain Wildflowers
Season: Summer
Book: Lord of the Rings followed by Harry Potter
Movie: All 3 Lord of the Ring movies followed by the first Ice Age movie
Actor: Orlando Bloom 
TV Show: Ghost Hunters/Ghost Hunters International 
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): Extended versions of Lord of the Rings, first Ice Age movie, and Meltdown: Days of Destruction 
CD: Garth Brook's Double Live 
Singer: Garth Brooks followed by Alan Jackson and Toby Keith
Song: I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
Fast Food Restaurant: None 
Board Game: Lord of the Rings Monopoly 
Computer Game: None
Musical Instrument: Fiddle
Cologne or Perfume: None 
Things to do at the Weekend: Going to the movie theatre.
Vacation Location: Estes Park, Colorado
Word or Phrase: None
Sport: Kentucky Derby
Favorite quote: "It still only counts as one!" ~ Gimli to Legolas after the Prince brought down the mumakil. 
Additional comments: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 

Name and nickname: Dínelleth aka Dín 
Joined the forum on: 06 June 2009 
Favorite posting place on the Forum: Where ever I'm posting at in any given moment in time.
Why did you choose that name: I'm a quiet person in real life and translated my name means Quiet Elf Maiden. 
What made you register on this forum?: The voices in my head said to do it.

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Middle-earth/Ithilien after the War.
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Legolas' Lady and weaver of tales
Change anything in your life what would that be?: I would love to be an elf!
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: sabertooth tiger
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: They say you can't pick your parents/family so I won't.
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: Can't they dress themselves?
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: Legolas

Anything else you'd like to share with us? Nope

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:57pm
Dín - I'm officially mad and I think it's catching! Geek Nice one *whispers* I guessed the golden shield-surfer would be your soulmate!  Evil Smile

Never mind Chris - we can wait if its a good one and you anyway only have to give the answers... I could fill it in for you if you like... No? Oh go on let me!LOL 

Or better yet post all the site why dontcha and folk'll get to know you that way - argh! you already did that ROFLMAO LOL
Dinelleth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer
Thranduil's daughter in law!

Quote Dinelleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:40pm
Jano ~ I like to think of you as being eccentric. Sort of like Doc from "Back to the Future". Wink

*whispers back* I would've been shocked if you had guessed anyone else considering I haven't exactly been mum about my love for him! LOL

Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:53am
Guy, I think we need to think about getting intervention for Sivan...she really needs professional help speaking her mind and putting her opinions out there.  LOL
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 10:41pm
Oh heck - I filled it all in then posted and it's vanished!  And i was so WITTY too :(
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
chris.ph View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote chris.ph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 7:02pm
dam never thought of saying thatWink
measuring intellgence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 4:32pm
Wish I had just thought of it, sadly it's true Cry
Death comes to all
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 5:35pm
*hugs Saranna better*
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 7:40pm
Saranna, that might have been my fault..am working on some coding for the boards. I recommend to you and everyone else, please SAVE a copy of your posts before you post..just in case. thanks!

Galen Update: changes are complete. Thanks for your patience.
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 6:12pm
THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Kris
Birthday: Februarie 24
Occupation/Former occupation(s): halftime student
Hobbies: Ummm
Things you love: moneys etc.
Pet Peeves: alot

Colour: Blue/Silver
Food: Sushi/ Sarsuela
Beverage/Tipple: Tequila?
Flower: uuummm rose?
Season: Summer, defenitally
Book: Lotr
Movie: Get Rich or Die Trying
Actor or Actress: haaa salma hayek n antonio banderas
TV Show: dunno
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): /
CD: dont own any
Singer/Band: Lil-Rob/ Trae
Song: Fast Life(Lil-Rob)
Fast Food Restaurant: none
Board Game: Stratego
Computer Game: GTA San Andreas
Musical Instrument: Dont play any, but the accoustic gitar is the coolest
Cologne or Perfume: armani black
Things to do at the Weekend: anything
Vacation Location: Barcelona
Word or Phrase: dunno
Sport/athlete: Messi
Favorite quote: dunno
Additional comments: not yet

Name and nickname: Kris
Joined the forum on: Today
Favorite posting place on the Forum: None yet
Why did you choose that name/character?: Easiest to play
What made you register on this forum?: a friend told me and at last i gave in

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Barcelona with my familly
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Rich
Change anything in your life what would that be?: Bankaccount
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: i asked my friends, so far i got: pitt bull, wolf, cat and a panther
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: none other
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: classy clothes or cholo outfits
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?:none of your bussiness
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 6:21pm
Thanx Jano and Galen, will try again!  Big smile
Death comes to all
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 6:33pm
THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Sue
Birthday: Elven New Year
Occupation/Former occupation(s): Writer/Librarian
Hobbies: Well, uh, Tolkien.  And then Tolkien.  Reading and gardening, actually.
Things you love: Eating
Pet Peeves: Iam irritated by people saying aggravated when they mean irritated.

Insert piccies of you here! You'll be lucky!

Colour: Green
Food: Edible
Beverage/Tipple: Vin rose
Flower: Lily of the Valley
Season: Spring
Book: You'll never guess!
Movie: It's a wonderful life
Actor or Actress: L. Nimoy
TV Show: Star Trek, Stargate, Dr. Who
Song: Bridge over troubled water
Fast Food Restaurant: People like those?
Board Game: Scrabble
Computer Game: Montana
Musical Instrument: Piano
Cologne or Perfume: Chanel No. 5
Things to do at the Weekend: Reading and gardening and eating and drinking
Vacation Location: Anywhere on the Celtic Seaboard; Madeira; Malta
Word or Phrase: Taniquetil
Sport/athlete: Urrrgh!
Favorite quote: Joy beyond the walls of the world, poignant as grief.

Name and nickname: Saranna Randir
Joined the forum on: Whatever date it was Jano shouted at me to join.
Favorite posting place on the Forum: Middle-earth
Why did you choose that name/character?: That's complicated - Saranna is a character in one of my many unpublished novels, Randir means 'wanderer' in Sindarin.
What made you register on this forum?: Jano shouts really loud, you have NO idea LOL

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Imladris
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: What I am/have been
Change anything in your life what would that be?:No more Tinnitus or Post-shingles neuralgia (bleh!)
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?:Tiger
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?:My own were fine, thanks
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?:Vulcan
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?:The one I have

Anything else you'd like to share with us?

Cake, if I had any.
Death comes to all
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 5:27pm
Thanks for those Kris and Saranna LOL

*does quick body scan of latter for cake crumbs... damn damn damn!*
DrWho7Freak View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Time Traveller - Orc Forgiver

Quote DrWho7Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 5:38pm

I'll do this later but you know an awful lot about me already Jan Smile!

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 5:49pm
I do? LOL

Yeah - but wot about everyone else?!!! Evil Smile
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote DrWho7Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 8:12pm

~Getting to Know You~

Birthday: 06/09/80
Contact info: (Email, MSN,AIM, ICQ, etc.): Email, is the more reliable
Hobbies: Writing, reading, and cooking mainly
Pet Peeves: Sport, over paid sports personality's.  Awards given to overpaid celebrities - and media hype, and bad portrayal in the media of the young, not every teenager is a devil, and not every granny is an angel!
Things you love: My parents, my cats, my dogs, my brothers and sisters, and debating.

~World of Tolkien what is your Favorite~
Book: The Two Towers, The Silmarrillion and the Hobbit.
Favorite Chapter: Voice of Saruman
Character: Eowyn, Arwen, Galadriel, Aragorn, and Sam out of the good guys.  Wormtongue and Saruman of the bad guys.
Quote from the book: Anything said by the above characters, particularly Wormtongue.
Place: Lothlorien

~Favorites~
Color: Purple, Green, Silver and Black.
Food: Chicken, beef, chips, chocolate, eggs, lettuce, tomatoe, fish ... um, I do have quite a Hobbit appetite.
Beverage: Earl grey tea, Baileys, proper hot chocolate (cubes of dark chocolate melted in the milk with a dash of cinnamon on top!)
Flower: Arum Lilies
Season: Summer
Book: Wind in the Willows, Chronicles of Narnia, Charles Dickens particularly Tale of Two Cities (cried at the end of that one!) Bleak House and Little Dorrit.  Dean Koontz and Cecilia Dart Thornton and Biographies.
Movie: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.  Star Wars Trilogy, Pirates Trilogy Back to the Future Trilogy (you guessing I like Trilogies?) Lord of the Rings, X Men, The Whole and Nine Ten Yards
Actor or Actress: Alan Rickman, Jason Isaacs, Kenneth Branagh, Christopher Lee, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Emma Thompson - and the rest!
TV Show: Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote, Quincy
DVD or Video: NCIS, Allo Allo, The Rush Hour trilogy.  See Films!
CD: Dark Passion Play
Singer/Band: Nightwish, Pink Floyd, Beethoven, Mozart, John Williams Soundtracks, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Duran Duran anything that grabs my attention ...
Song(s): Everything I do (I Do It For You!)  Bryan Adams.  Nemo Nightwish Money Pink Floyd Snow White Queen Evanescence Poison Alice Cooper I Don't Wanna Stop Ozzy Osbourne
Fast Food Restaurant: Macdonalds.
Muscial Instrument: Violin and Piano
Cologne or Perfume: Tresor (Kate Winslet).
Thing to do on the Weekend: Same as the week for me.
Vacation Location: Haven't had a holiday but I like Cornwall.
Word or Phrase: Iridescence

Favorite quote: "Cancel Kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call of Christmas!"
Additional comments: I suffer from Fybromyalgia, asthma, underactive Thyroid, am in constant pain every day.  I try to smile every day though sometimes its more difficult than others.  Writing is my therapy.

~Dream Character Info~
Name and nickname: Fionesta
Joined Dreams on: The original forum February 22nd 2009.  The same day as everyone else ...
Weapons: Bow and Arrow, and Sword.
Armour: None.
Why did you pick The kingdom you are in, if you haven't which one will you pick and why? The noble kingdom of the elves. I am a story teller, and a lover of trees and forests, so Elf suits me.
Favorite thing to do on the Dreams: Everything I can.

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: Narnia in Imaginary world (who would not want to live anywhere where Animals and humans have an equal relationship?) In real world somewhere warm, historical and full of legend and myth sooo Greece - or somewhere new like Australia!
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Police Officer
Change anything in your life what would that be?:Healthier all round
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: Dolphin on a good day Hungry Lioness on a bad day
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?:My own are fine, thanks but I would not say no to Johnny Depp being a cousin ...
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: I would not dictate fashions because that would be the mark of a narcissistic childish personality and I am all for individualism in fashion choice
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: Lucius Malfoy ... failing him ... Snape failing him ... Keanu Reeves (like to keep my options open!)
Indis View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Indis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:59am
THIS IS ME!
Birthday: 21st October
Occupation/Former occupation(s): Part of the management team in a supermarket. 
Hobbies: Reading, music
Things you love: Friends, snow and my cats
Pet Peeves: Rudeness, insincerity

Colour: Purple
Food: Fish & chips
Beverage/Tipple: Baileys
Flower: Sunflowers and daisies
Season: Autumn and winter.
Book: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, the Watch books by Terry Pratchett, Pride and Prejudice and LoTR of course.
Movie: What Dreams May Come
Actor or Actress: Ian McKellan
TV Show: Chuck / Family Guy / A Town Called Eureka
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): Fifth Element
CD: Little Voice, Sara Bareilles
Singer/Band: Regina Spektor
Song: The Call
Fast Food Restaurant: MacDonalds
Board Game: Monopoly
Computer Game: Sims
Musical Instrument: The euphonium is my fav, which is the first instrument I learnt to play, but I also love the sound of the clarinet which I'm currently teaching myself to play.
Cologne or Perfume: DKNY Be Delicious
Things to do at the Weekend: Work unfortuanately. On the rare weekend off I catch up with sleep.
Vacation Location: New York
Word or Phrase: Burble 
Sport/athlete: Nah
Favorite quote: "She's damaging my calm" ~ Firefly

Name and nickname: Indis
Joined the forum on: Today
Favorite posting place on the Forum: We'll see
Why did you choose that name/character?: One of my favourite names from the Sil
What made you register on this forum?: Natural leap from Dreams

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?: The Discworld
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?: Archivist
Change anything in your life what would that be?: My job
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: Dragon
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?: Stick with my own
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?: Things that would make me laugh
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?: Roger Hamley from Wives and Daughters
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:34pm
Jeez you don't want much do you Miah! - no wonder you're 'settling' for Faramir!

LOL Fantasy characters are always great at listening at least Evil Smile

Indis - v. nice to see you over here. I'm moonlighting as a minion on here so no doubt I'll run into you sooner or later - maybe we can finish that dance in Imladris Wink 
The no kingdom deal is actually very liberating as you can be whatever you like wherever you like on the Arda forum and skip all over the multiverse in the DreamGalaxies - also we have 2 Discworld RPG pubs going on if you're interested Smile Morning after the Night Before at the Broken Drum! in DreamGalaxies and Biers HERE
Nurbor View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Lord of Summer

Quote Nurbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:23pm
THIS IS ME!
Real First Name: Brandon
Location: Southwestern Ohio, or as some call it, the Barony of Fenix.
Birthday: April 27th every year
Occupation/Former occupation(s): Government employee
Hobbies: Writing, fighting, drinking, laughing, driving.  Not necessarily all at once.
Things you love: See hobbies.  Nature.  Magic.  Some people.  Some places.
Pet Peeves: Poor grammar, ignorance, and unwillingness to be open to ideas outside of your own.

Comments about your picture(s): I'll do this later, as i'm lazy and have shiney buttons to edit posts with.

Colour: Blue
Food: Tacos!
Beverage/Tipple: Whiskey/Mead
Flower: Purple Clematis
Season: Summer (out of spring or into fall)
Book: Can't answer, too many
Movie: Cant' answer, too many
Actor or Actress: Harrison Ford
TV Show: Cowboy Bebop
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): Can't answer, too many
CD: Drats.  Um.  Sublime.  Or. Jimmi Hendrix?  Or.  Can't answer, too many.
Singer/Band: See CD issue.
Song: See CD issue.  Otherwise browse my iPod to find out.
Fast Food Restaurant: Chipotle
Board Game: Chess
Computer Game: Currently playing alot of WC3:  DotA.
Musical Instrument:  Saxophone (tenor), Harmonica, Single head drum (any variety)
Cologne or Perfume: I don't wear cologne much, it's all given to me from family, I prefer Jasmine oil
Things to do at the Weekend: See hobbies.  It depends mostly on my week as I'm a busy man, there's too few gandalfs in the world for all this business!
Vacation Location: Anywhere that means I don't have to do work.
Word or Phrase: Snarf!  Idk, my bff rose?
Sport/athlete: Football (american kind), or if my swordfighting counts
Favorite quote: "Many that live deserve death, and some die that deserve life.  Can you give that to them?  Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety.  Even the wise cannot see all ends."-Gandalf, LotR
Additional comments: If you need me, I'm usually a PM or an email away.  Look to the west at dawn of the fifth day!

Name and nickname: Nurbor
Joined the forum on: lotrdreams.com
Favorite posting place on the Forum:  Anywhere RP or writing oriented.  Some history too! 
Why did you choose that name/character?: Nurbor is my oldest character I've written for, and is like another facade of my diamond.  We are interchangeable I suspect, except elves don't get bodies of elven descent in these modern ages of Man.
What made you register on this forum?: Jan?

IF YOU COULD....
Live anywhere (in any world you want) where would that be?:  Merry Old England, presuming I'm not already here in Ohio (very similar they are)
Choose your principal occupation/employment what would you be?:  Writer.  Wealthy inheritence.  Professional Traveler.  Wizard.
Change anything in your life what would that be?:  I'd exercise more, but then I'd have the freetime to do so so maybe I'd do it anyways.
Be any animal (real, extinct, legendary/imaginary) what would you be?: Dragon.
Choose your own parents/family who would you pick?:  In theory I DID choose my parents and family.  I'm still trying to figure out why myself.
Dictate fashion trends what sort of clothes would you put people in?:  Clothes?  Um?  Loose tunics and shorts for the hot months, warm fabrics of thick weave for the cold ones.  NOt everyone's a wooly mammoth!
Choose anybody who ever 'lived' (so dead, legendary/imaginary) as your soulmate who would that be?:  Soulmates.....hm.....I've never given it much thought!

Anything else you'd like to share with us?  I am Nurbor, bearer of the Newt, Head of Household Calamehtari, and I seek to bring other warriors of the light to my household!  However they cannot bear the newt, unless I make that my standard XD
They lived their belief and if asked they would gladly die for it.Tell me now who in your glorious age holds such a belief? All that lives is born to die we must make the best of the time we are given
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:25pm
Why am I getting the blame for some people joining this forum? Did I twist your arms? Did I nag? Did I demand registration with menaces? Certainly not... A bit... Maybe... Evil Smile

Also it's a leetle bit worrying how some of these surveys are from people in the Admin Team Wacko 
You know that thing they say about you don't have to be mad to... play here!

Mwahahahahahaha!!!
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote DrWho7Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:32pm
Something else about me: One of my ancestors is Joseph Addison - a poet and politician who was all for women's rights in late seventeenth and early eighteenth century.  He was married to the Duchess of Warwick who can trace her ancestry back to Richard the Third ... so may be related to the Plantagenent but I think every Brit can claim that.  I am also related to the Duke and Duchess of Lauderdale - they helped in the Mary Queen of Scot's rebellion against Elizabeth ... hmmm, seeing a pattern here! My grandma's grandma was seamstress to Queen Victoria - she was also rebellious in that she had children before marriage in Victorian times ... and I have a family mystery I would love to solve, my great Uncle Thomas Addison Flower who 'vanished' during the First World War - all we have is a sword that may have some blood still from that fight he was in ... Sound's like a Sebastian Faulks story.
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:35pm
maybe he just met a belgian girl near Ieper and decided to staySmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>