Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Hobbit Lands ~ The Shire & Buckland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hobbit RP & Activity Planning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hobbit RP & Activity Planning
    Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:55am
Got an idea for new RPG or activity? Post away!
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 3:46pm
I do! I do! I do! Big smile but I'm still trying to find a simple way to make a grid. One I can edit in the OP.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 4:15pm
You mean one you can update? If you're able to edit on photobucket/image host then you can just keep changing it on there then re-post the updated version in the OP - does that sound OK?
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 4:22pm

Photobucket is my friend Hug, and I can do that, but where do I get a grid from? how and where do I make if from? what program?

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:01pm
Well since I don't have Photoshop looks like I'll have to create one in Word.

<later edit> Well, with a bit of touching up I think I can do something with it. I would have liked to put a pic in the background but seems this version of Word (from work) does not have that option....And it is not appearing as it is before I post it.  Oh well, I'll be working on it in here Tongue

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:56am
tell you what Miah - I can lift this for you and put a pic in the background - 12x12 grid? and turn it into a jpg/gif which can't get warped in the Word paster in here.

If you want to send the Word doc over to me on email (is in the profile) and I can at least get it to the proportions you want. If you can overprint the image in photobucket then that should work out OK for your edits phases Thumbs Up 
Is the background pic going to be consistent or does it change? If you send that over too I can get that back to you pretty quickly Smile
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:18am
Oh! lol, well I haven't chosen a pic yet until I get on my own computer. Just checking in now for a short bit.  But that would be great if u can help me out. It doesn't need to be anything fancy and I need to work on the OP  
Kris View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:50pm
maybe we can have a beachthread over at the brandywine river, its been done once before on another site, one of the best threads ive been in...but perhaps we outta wait for more peoplesSmile
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:26pm
I think I know the one Kris - my friends Fee and Aduchil played it and had LOTS of elfie fun! LOL Lots of pickernick potential this one too... Evil Smile
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Alrighty then! I'm going to open a new thread to kick-start this party... if there are any ideas to bring forth then, by all means, post them here. Smile I've been trying to upload images but so far have been unsuccessful but I'll keep trying.

I was thinking of a party that has hobbits bringing in some of their own creative dishes and some games and fireworks from Gandalf. Maybe an archery contest? pie eating contest? or a flower display show? I don't want it to be too much since there is just the two of us (Aikari & me) right now but others may join.

For the title: Hobbiton Springtime Bloomin' Festival?
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:11pm
Sounds good to me. Those dishes fall exactly in the idea for Hobbits, loving food and such. Pie eating contest is cool in addition to that. And the flower show might be something too. I don't know about archery contest. That could be something for the Big Folk? Good title!

If others join in, we should alert people about it. Otherwise they wouldn't know.
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:31pm
Ok well, I let Pele know and she may come over. Don't have contact with anyone else though. I'll get working on a new thread and opening post then Smile
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm
I'll see if I can do something, as Ennora, Aigronding, Rivvy and the rest I got to dive up from my Yahoo mail. Word will spread surely. Smile Not with all I got  contact outside the Plaza, but that is no matter to me.
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:00pm
Ok well I opened a new thread called Bloomin Festival. Let me know what you think and if I ought to change anything Smile 
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:20am
The photobucket pictures can be removed, bucket is not displaying them anymore due to new policies which has become quite hostile. Is there another way to change upload them? Perhaps another host? But the text is great! I shall post soon in the thread. Clap
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:18pm
Thanks for reminding me about Photobucket I will need to go around to some other threads now and remove all that. I have now signed up with Postimage.org and it seems to be working just fine. Thumbs Up
Also, I'm thinking it would be preferable to use photos of our own flowers for the contest if possible.
Not sure if I missed anything else but if you think of anything let me know. For the judges, I suppose we will both have to cover that LOL
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:57pm
I found an interesting site that contains some useful information about Hobbits but in particular their 'names' I know sometimes it can be challenging to come up with names of characters so this might help Smile >>> http://www.lotrgfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=281&chapter=1
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm
Miah: Sorry that I haven't posted yet. I have been really busy doing some badly needed chores in and around the house. Partly it is done, and some are waiting. We got really good weather now 20C, so I am using that. Next week it'a turning bad again.

Yeah I shall study over that webpage, looks interesting indeed. And for the contests cool, we shall cover each other. Thanks for digging it up.

Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:57pm
Thumbs Up Yeah, I've been distracted by other things too, to be honest. Can't seem to think about starting a new story right now when I have problems at home to sort through but I will try to get something in soon. 
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:00pm
Miah: I have posted. Nora is an NPC of me. Post is neither long or short.
 Post Reply Post Reply