Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to DreamWorlds > Welcome Mat & Admin Helpdesks > Registration & Activation Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Registrations & Membership Helpdesk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registrations & Membership Helpdesk
    Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:41am
The Registrations and Membership Helpdesk
This thread is open to everyone, including non-members who wish to raise queries on joining DreamWorlds or need advice on aspects of our forum content and member groups.

This is one of only two threads on the site that allows open posting on them and they are both in this forum (the other is in the Password and Login sub-forum).

The idea for allowing prospective or locked-out member access to post in here, is simply because we've probably all been in the situation where we need to ask questions or contact admin and can't get an email address for one reason or another and so we need to scare up a friend to post for us... which is a fat load of use if you don't know anybody yet! Wink

This one's mainly for prospective members and newbies experiencing sign-up probs.

They do not have permissions to open a thread, simply to post a reply - and so this is where they reply of course. It's also for people who, like me are cautious about joining something before they know what they're getting into? And whilst in general you can find out lots about a site by having a jolly good scout around that's not always the case and I find that immensely irritating when I can't see the whole site. In fact I think it looks downright unfriendly and we know that's completely not the case!

So Thumbs Up to guests and visitors having access to most areas and certainly all the main activity areas, but I think people would appreciate being allowed to ask questions about joining in here, or to check why their registration hasn't been activated? If that causes a problem with spammers then of course we need to rethink - but in general we want to be as welcoming as we can?
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Jano 'Incognito' View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Jano 'Incognito' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 3:25pm
Testing testing
Komodo - sans p/w View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Komodo - sans p/w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:24am
Ummm I seem to have forgotten my password so I"ll not be updating until my main computer starts working again... and then I'll change my password so I can remember it... just so you know it may be a few days though before I can update my story lol
Komodo View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Komodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 6:19am
Nevermind I seem to remember it now LOL!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:44am
Ummm ok this is realllly uber embarassing lol. Jannoooooooo...It's Tiana. 
I kinda almost nearly but not quite but actually did kinda...forgot my password and I can't find a passy reset form/page Embarrassed Help? 
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:16pm

Sorry Ti - just got to this. Smile Will email you new one soon - if you've changed addys I'm still on my old one so poke me on there Wink

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:44pm
HI - friendly greeting to all who enter here!
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:32pm
Thanks Jano, how embarrassing. I'm still a bit of a plonker as you can see. Hey Saranna!
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:03pm
Plonkers of the world unite!  We be proud Thumbs Up
Death comes to all
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:30pm
Saranna: Yes we are. Big smile
~Aramon~ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote ~Aramon~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 7:34am
Jano this is Aramon from LOTR Dreams.  Not sure if you remember me?  Hope so.  Ti has been at me to join as she is bringing Ti and D out of the dark.  But for the life of me I thought that I had registered but if i have I have no idea what my details would be.   Can you please check for me.  If I haven't then either someone has "Aramon" or it is not allowed but Admin.  Could you please let me know!!  
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:56am
Hi Aramon, Saranna here - does this help at all?

If not I know Jano will sort it for you when she's next in. Thumbs Up
Death comes to all
Tiana. View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Crazy Gal

Quote Tiana. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 10:26am
I've been at you? LOL
Nice to know early on that you're still out to get me in trouble. Wink

Aramon View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Aramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 11:37am
Ok sorted, Saranna  thanks for that.

Ti what else would i do?
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 2:29pm
Hey Aramon, great to see you back! And sure I remember you.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.