Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lifestyles and Pastimes > Publishing the DreamWorlds > The Word Smithy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Business slower than usual but still here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business slower than usual but still here!
    Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Jano

Afraid I'm coming in with bad news - on the 12th March, the same day that my big hero Terry Pratchett passed my husband, Pete, also died peacefully post-op in hospital, after undergoing an urgent cardiac procedure which could not be delayed any longer. 
I've been trying to have a few quiet days over the weekend as I couldn't start the ball rolling for 'arrangements' until this morning (everything seems to shut down at the weekend), but I finally got some thoughts for my two heroes down online late last night.

Originally posted by Jan Van Quirm

There may be more to follow - head's a bit scattered still but you can read the words that go with this HERE

As most of you know I spend an inordinate amount of time online so will be coming in here, my best home from home on the web, as usual most days - hopefully it's business as usual but please bear with me if I don't get to things as soon as I do generally. Smile
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 3:37pm
So sorry to know of your loss Jano! Unhappy *hugs*
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 4:06pm
Jano medear, you know I will bear with you - when you know what you might want me to do, I'll do it.  Thinking of you with deep deep sympathy.
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:52am
Aww Janowyn: I am sorry to learn your husband died. My condoleances. Kissie *gives a big hug* Group Hug
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 1:00pm
Thanks all - I'm through with most of the business formalities now so hopefully will be getting back in the swim on here more from now on Smile
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 10:11am
Take your time.  Time heals not but you need to move gently though it for as long as it takes you to get where you have to go.

Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Aikari View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
House Cadníssea nú Námorindúrë

Quote Aikari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 7:04pm
Yeah I know a lot of formalities are there when someone dies. That was too when my mother died in 2003. Much had to arranged as well. I am glad you'll have it more quiet now. Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply