Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lifestyles and Pastimes > Publishing the DreamWorlds > The Word Smithy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing THE QWORKS anthology...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Abaddon View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
Angel of the Abyss (Jano counterpart)

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Announcing THE QWORKS anthology...
    Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 11:10pm

OK - slightly different take this time in that we're scoping right out on the genre front, so, like it says we want short story submissions in any fiction genre, so long as it's quirky - not fantasy necessarily but something unusual and striking that marks it out from the crowd.

Submission Requirements 
  • between 500 - 20,000 words - deadline 1st September 2015
  • English language
  • NO fanfic or homage pieces
  • you retain copyright
  • no fees, but you help with edits/proofing/PR phases
  • any proceeds/profits are put to future DreamWorlds Publishing projects unless sales merit a small pro rata compensation (this will work on the basis of how many pieces of your work are included - one story = one share and so on)
  • submissions to dreamworlds.publishing@gmail.com
Artwork may change slightly but thus far I've got 2 colourways for the foreground titles as shown above and below

feedback is welcomed! Wink

I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:56am
Oooh!  Citing!  Shall I suggest this to Alistair or will you, he may have something independent of Skorn?
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Abaddon View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager

Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 1:43pm
If you could mention it to him that'd probably be faster as I don't think our paths cross too much atm.

Again - no fanfic or 'homage' as we don't want to get snarled in any of that stuff (in fact I'd better go fix that now) Shocked

I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:03pm
What sort of PR type things?
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:04am
have informed Alistair or Alsitair or Alistari, depending on how my typing is on any given day.  Maybe I can encourage him to register on some of these sites we communicate on.

Good point about the fanfic, but sad in a way.

O well.
Death comes to all
Abaddon View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager

Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 4:52pm
Angel - PR is whatever you want to be involved in to promote the book, so Tweeting, FB sharing Google Circles, book trailers etc, blog tours or public appearances for readings, or signings, or even interviews/podcasts. Don't have to promote DreamWorlds as such, just the book(s) you're involved with Wink

Saranna - maybe I'm being a bit strict about the fanfic side of things, but if you have something that's not using characters and names that are likely to cause waves over copyright (so like I smudged Rivendell in Dreamless Roads) then we can see if it can be worked around perhaps? Everyone knows 50 Shades started out as Twilight fanfic but it's tweaked enough that it doesn't make any infringements on Ms Meyer's intellectual property so it can be done - for us let it be done with some panache though! Evil Smile
As for Alistair - I think he's on LinkedIn now isn't he? so he can join the DreamWorlds Writers Collective group and keep up with things there? The stuff on here's open to public view so he can follow things OK and the same for the DWP blog so a variety of  communication channels Smile

angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 9:28pm
A 1 chapter excerpt from the start of A Spy in the Sagax Vampires. I have the same content up on Smashwords as an excerpt so if you want I can change this to chapter 2.

http://louisefindlaybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/A-Spy-in-the-Sagax-Vampires-Chapter-1-Vampire.pdf
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 3:27pm
@ Abaddon - no, none of my fanfic works without being the canonical characters, but twas not for myself I was lamenting, more for the whole fanfic situation.

Death comes to all
 Post Reply Post Reply