Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DreamWorld ~ Tolkien's Arda (LOTR and others) > Ancient Realms > Lake Evendim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Evendim Musings OOC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evendim Musings OOC
    Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 12:07pm
I have started this thread because I am watching this rp and might wish to chat about it and don't want to clutter the rp thread with that.

I'm intrigued so far.  You are both amazing writers.  Fuin, perhaps I'm just lacking in memory, but what is the story behind her problems with Elrond?
Dance like no one's watching!
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 12:53pm
There is none currently at least that have been RPed out.

When I was last RPing Fuin  (AKA before the last month) she sorta got stabbed through the heart with a Morgul blade and pretty much died.  Being far too lazy to figure out a new character I decided they tossed her in a wee swan boat (a la Boromir) and sent her to sea.  She ended up drifting to Dol Amroth and ended up being alive.  We'll blame Osse or Ulmo  or something like that for that.

She makes it back to Imladris eventually and well she was stabbed through the heart with a Morgul blade.  Even Elrond couldn't fix that, clearly she's not been reborn... so I'm going with the elves that had known her then (which is pretty much all of them) were morbidly curious and it sorta ticked her off and she went off similar to how she had when her father was reported among the casualties of Oropher after he'd made certain she'd not gone along for the battle.  NOt sure if she went off because she was being poked and prodded at after being 'dead' or because they thought she was dead and just sent her out to sea.  May eventually get to RPing it which might be fun but I would need a few more elves that actually knew Fuin and then an elrond willing to play along which probably will not happen.

I'm going with any posts in the Imladris area currently are post Hoth retrieval.
I'm looking at you through the glass
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:27pm
Then indeed, I will be dealing with the dead that live! Say something that one might see on the Green Isle, aye? 

Thanks Galen!

Fuin, do you have a comprehensive Bio somewhere so I can refresh my memory.  You see I can't remember if your hair is raven black or blondie blond
Rerir above Helevorn
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:37pm
Fuin, if you decide to rp that, I'd be willing to do Elrond for you if I am in the place to have the time or you are very patient  Wink

this will be fun to watch.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:37pm
We've got 
The Elven RP Character Survey in the Elven Realms home forum - Fuin's already found it I see! LOL
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:19pm
The survey does not include her death bit. I don't have a more.... prose like version of her background anymore - it was in Tinny's House but that's long gone 

If you want me to write something up I can I suppose maybe include a timeline.
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 4:27pm
And so it was that Hoth by reason of love for the blood and death of minions uncounted did post an answer to Fuin's mighty words.  And he was, for the first time wary that an elven arrow might come whizzing past his ear, or may even lodge in his breast so sending him over the Sundering Seas to Mandos and the time of waiting.

DON'T KILL ME, PLEASE!!!!
Rerir above Helevorn
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 4:52pm
Fuin - you can add or edit in an updated timeline, but if you want to make more of a fanficlet out if it then feel free to do that or an RPG in Imladris or any of the regional threads - whatever suits you best Smile

Hoth - good to see you enjoying yourself Tongue
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:14pm
Hoth does indeed love flowery prose and if smiles and mirth be the tonic which fun takes a drink to slake its thirst then surely Jano in her majesty speaks the truth inviolate.  Hoth bows to the goddess of dreams.

Fuin - still you have nor revealed the color of thy locks, lest I falter and call them blond when they are black as night.  And are your eyes the elven grey of Luthien's come back to life?  I think yes and I rejoice! And I would also explain that the drear of winter in the Twilight hills is passed and the snows that blanketed the forest and plains is long melted by the March winds, strong though they be and cold.  The sun now shines equal with day and night and Tilion ventures across the sky in pursuit. The Sickle of the Valar strides now across the heavens in that form and angle that brings in the Spring's rebirth of root and bough.
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:53pm
they are dark brown locks and yes mine eyes are grey

I think you've got me with this post... This ones gonna take me a bit to decipher.  You're trying to go all old school Tolkien writing histories trying to make Poetic Beowulf and Iliad look like an easy read.

I haven're read that form in a while.  But be aware, I read the Iliad in poetic form in 5 and a half hours when I was in grade 11 and retained it all.  Once I get back into proper poetic prose reading capabilities you will know no rest in terms of posting your insane stories...  You'll need to become a faster writer once I do
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:57pm
This is making me realize how rusty I am as well.  I've been well out of reading/writing like this for a long time.  Great job so far, you two.
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:00pm
Galen _ I've not done this sort of writing in years either most of what I've written of late has been sci-fi so no poetic prose at all.  Just jargon and  technical mumbo jumbo that might make Hoths head spin fast than his last post made mine!  It comes back quickly I promise!

And when you have some more time I think we should play at the part of the story before this.  That might be quite fun.
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:16pm
you're on as soon as I'm on the other side of the quickbooks and banking part of the company set up!
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:22pm
I"ll hold you to it! :D
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:26pm
Fuin, your first post was spot on.  Doesn't seem like you've forgotten anything.  Just don't kill me quite yet, I am NOT Beleg Strongbow. I do not wish to die at the hand of an ally, hehe. I'll bet Fuin is a deadly foe but lovely nonetheless and with sorrows to spare.  No rush on anything I'll just double or triple post if I get impatient.
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:38pm
I"ll have another post before the end of the night for you.  I've got most of your post figured am on the last paragraph I just need to get it down to stupid people terms so I can figure an post in stupid people terms and then make it all poetic and crap.
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:29pm
*smiles and laughs* Fuin, your post is awesome. When I post again I'll end with some dialogue so you can reply or if you post first you do the same and I'll reply.  I think these two have met before but it was several years ago.  Not too many though, Hoth only remembers the last six.

If anyone else wants to jump in there is no structure. You could RP an elf following Fuin or an orc captain marauding eastward with his band of cut throats.  We need someone to kill afterall.  There could be another ranger seeking for Hoth......etc.  Anything is cool and welcome!
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:52pm
I'll wait for your post though I  certainly wouldn't mind if more people decided to jump in, I  promise we don't bite.  Hard. Most of the time. :)
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:44am
posted............. *runs and hides*
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:11am
haha that one was actually exceptionally easy to read  I think I'm getting better at this poetic style prose thing you've got going on.  Unless you start going with poetic meter I think I've got your style and your wording pegged so answering will not take as long... I didn't even need to dumb down this one before I wrote mine.
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:29am
That said anyone who wants to step in as having tracked Fuins slaughter of the not so innocent creatures and make sure she's not completely nuts in the head... (BWAHAHAHAHA she totally is.) you've got some lovely opportunities here.
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:49am
Wow, cool answer.  I will post sometime today and the ball will really be rolling.  So unless you have a horse somewhere it looks like we will be walking................. shoot and shucks I hate walking!
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:00am
It could be your horses have run off with my horse to the South and horses do not do well in the snow they flounder a fair bit.  Perhaps we need to walk south to our horses!  And I look forwards to your post!
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:14am
Fuin, could you make me a worthy avatar?

Indeed, I hope you are right or we'll have to ride double.  Oh gads, I pity any orcs that we might meet and now I remember, Orc blood is black!!!
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:20am
I figured you'd forgotten that bit  but no worries.  Yes I pity any creature that might get in our way before at the very least Fuin's rage is spent.

And yes I most certainly can.  What do you have in mind Hoth?
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:25am
Hmmmm, how about the Fuzzy Llama!bowdown

I'm thinking a bright sword or something like that.....my icon looks like someone attacking with a feather, hehe
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:30am
I"ll see what I can do a bit later... I'm crawling back into bed the bf just woke up so now my bed isn't a giant earthquake pad and I should be able to sleep.
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:50am
Fuin, it's going to get fast and furious now! Do you want me to hold off until after the "changes"?
Rerir above Helevorn
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:01am
Naw those won't affect anything ;)
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:23am
Ok, here we go...wheeeee
Rerir above Helevorn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>