Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingdom of the eBook!!!!!
    Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:29pm
Love 'em or hate 'em eBooks are here to stay!

They're growing on me for bedtime reading as I can put my tablet on the night stand and just lie down and read without having to hold anything - very liberating especially if you get aches and pains in your hands (getting old! Wacko).

But for self-publishers eBooks have revolutionised the ways you put your book on sale with Amazon's Kindle and Apple's iBookstore leading the field but now NOOK is also vying for a market share and I have to say their author interface is a whole lot more user-friendly than Amazons! 

Today NOOK's vendor area went international so that means that UK and EU indie community can now put their eBooks on sale on Barnes & Noble/NOOK without needing a US bank account - YIPPEE!!!!

Here's the full SP - 

Originally posted by NOOK PRESS

You may notice some changes the next time you log into NOOK Press. We've been working hard to get NOOK Press ready for some new guests – starting today, publishers in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, and Belgium will be able to publish with NOOK Press and reach Barnes & Noble's millions of book-loving customers. This means even more great indie content for customers and increased visibility for you and your NOOK Books in the months to come!

The changes we've made for this international expansion mean you can now:

• View nookpress.com in 7 languages: Work and publish in US English, UK English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Dutch. Select a new language in the dropdown from any page in NOOK Press.
  • Set your EUR (€) list prices. If you have indicated that you have Worldwide Rights, we’ll automatically convert the EUR list price from your USD list price as we do for GBP prices, or you can enter your own EUR price.
Thanks to the changes we've made, your titles will soon be on sale in France, Italy, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, and Belgium if you've selected Worldwide Rights in the NOOK Book Details of your project. Because we have a very high volume of NOOK Press content, we are making your titles available in those countries over several months. We appreciate your patience as we work to put all NOOK Press content on sale in our new marketplaces.

With these expanded sales opportunities, it's a great time to set up a vendor account and get all of your books on sale, if you have not already done so...

So it may not seem too exciting but potentially it's another good online outlet for eBook versions and one that DreamWorlds Publishing will be using Smile

So what do YOU think about e-Books? Are they heaven or hell?
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 5:05pm
Haven't got one and feel very mixed about them.  I love real books so much, and I know from my membership of the society of authors that authors get rotten deals on some ebook contracts.

On the other hand it has that ease of acces and portability and what librarian (retired) can object to ease of access to litty rat chure?
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 10:24pm
I agree there's nothing to beat the look and feel of a good book, but eReaders have the one big advantage in that you only need one and potentially your entire library can walk around with you. LOL

Room for both I think - a Kindle's great for students or for travelling. No more heavy bags to lug around! Smile
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Saranna View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Saranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 9:45am
Yes, I admit I can see that as I get even older (66 next week!!!!!) I may have to succumb to this.
Death comes to all
But great achievements raise a monument
Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
- George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'
angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 8:41pm
I enjoy both print and ebook. Nothing can beat the feel of a paperback but the cheaper and more portable ebook is enjoyable with the ability to change lighting and increase font size.
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
 Post Reply Post Reply