Dream-Worlds Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lifestyles and Pastimes > Art, Photography and Graphics > The Imaginative Hand and Eye
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Smudges and Smears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smudges and Smears
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:11pm
Okay not really but hey generally a pretty appropriate title.

So over the last few years I have gone from being a harried and abused apprentice at a tattoo shop to owning my own (mostly because I refused to lie and say I had 200 clients that I'd be bringing in and told the truth)  So yeah now I own my own shop (opened 6 months ago right before winter started so not horribly busy yet).  So I have lots of time for drawing and all sorts of stuff inbetween tattoos.

Here's some of the stuff I"ve been doodling since many of you last saw me.

This one is a bit special I actually made this, it's based of a Norse tunic design, and has all the runes and the image on the front valknut/mjolnir which was designed by me, hand embroiderd around the edges and cuffs (the neck and sleeves is each a set and around the waist is all three) It took me about two weeks to do it all and the stitching is all satin stitching

And yeah dragons.  I believe I posted the very first piece of this ones companion elsewhere however it too has been redone in full color instead of pencil.  I'll have to see if I can find it.
I'm looking at you through the glass
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:17pm
 Clap Good to see you're keeping your hand in Fuin in between building your brand! Wink We have at least one other tattoo artist who lurks on here so maybe this'll encourage him to come in and play a bit.

Like the norse tunic too - kudos on the satin stitching Smile
The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:19pm
Jano... just remind me if I ever sound like I"m gonna make a similar tunic... puffy paint holds magic I don't need to do satin stitching... Remind me.  I just about started killing things by the end lol
Miah View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Miah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:09pm
Thumbs Up Really like it, especially the dragon.  

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:56am
So  these are some different skulls I made I hand sculpted them from sculpting clay and then made molds of them these are resin pours from those molds.

figured I should share the other dragon that maches the angry red one.

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 1:23am
It's been almost a month.  Totally double posting and not caring.

This was originally sketched out at a wedding/wedding social (A social being something entirely Manitoban so I don't even know if Miah will get it) and then painted later.  And is now up as art in my tattoo shop.
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 6:43pm
 Clap That bird would make a lovely 'girlie' tat. I like the charnel house look as well Wink
Galen View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Teacher and Bard

Quote Galen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 7:10pm
wow, impressive.

do not fret the whole double post thing.  one of the reasons I'm here and not elsewhere.  I have no time for silly rules like that.
Dance like no one's watching!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:36am
Lurve the tunic! Very clever, very right! Clap
Blod skal være min endelige prisen!
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:01pm
Jano: haha yeah it is quite the nice girlie tattoo.  have some more that aren't nearly as girly will have to see about uploading some of those...

Galen: Yeah no double posting when things are slow seems quite silly.  I mean I could see it if it was exceptionally busy.

Dagrun:  Yeah it was actually was made for Marak lol

Anyways this was a quick sketch for the rough design that I did for a tattoo client (He has the reverse of this situation enterprise being blown up by darth vaders tie fighter.

Figured this is a good amount less girly
Hoth View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:19pm
Sweetness!!Tongue
Rerir above Helevorn
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:20pm
But not less geekie - if Sheldon wasn't phobic about body stuff it's what he might have LOL
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:17am
Excellent!Clap
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 5:49am
Thanks guys, now onto something equally geeky but more fluffy and cute.

Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 4:38pm
Oh that is so 'painfully' funny! It's the look in his eye! Excellent!
Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:11am
I know I talked about fursuits before... this is the lastest piece I worked on... It was a revamp so not from scratch... Mostly fixing durability and safety issues but did a lot of aesthetics on the face... So this is a shot of the before and after of the head.

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:48pm
Reeeeally cute!  boing! Well done Clap
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:06am

the eyes are so important. They can say so much that sometimes all you need are the eyes!

Fuin Elda View Drop Down
Dreamer
Dreamer

Quote Fuin Elda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 4:35am
Agreed Dagrun!

Anyways here is my Earth dragon, not a typical earth dragon really had a lot of fun with him...

Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 2:35pm
OOOO! That's seriously weird!
Dagrun View Drop Down
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Quote Dagrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 2:56pm
Very odd but beautiful to look at. InterestingThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply