Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jano View Drop Down
Site Manager
Site Manager
alias author Jan Hawke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funding Projects ~ Kickstarter etc
    Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 5:17pm
Whilst at present we're envisaging operating as a collective and chipping in together for whatever project people want to get involved with (contributing towards ISBNs or POD costs etc etc) there are of course many other ways to spread the joy of getting projects off the ground, or just plain possible.

For writers, film-makers and illustrators Kickstarter is one proven method of achieving the release of your publication or movie etc

Here's a link to KICKSTARTER'S 2013 achievement video so you see what the fuss is all about and, in addition these two links to 2 Kickstarter projects I've been following Smile

Snowgum Films/Troll Bridge - this is now in post-production and should be out this Spring - it looks brilliant! Clap Here's a trailer

Paul Kidby/The Charmed Realm - marvellous illustration project for an English language edition of Daniel Maghen's Le Royaume Enchanté lavishly illustrated fantasy - trailer for the French edition

So - have you got any favourite Kickstarter projects
or other hoopy ways to get your work noticed and 'out there'?

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one
will do ~ Thomas Jefferson
angel7090695001 View Drop Down
Dreamers
Dreamers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote angel7090695001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 9:58pm
I've just started using Patreon which would be better for multi-book authors who want smaller, but consistent funding. Instead of raising one big goal, you gain patrons who fund you either a certain amount per month or per piece of content you give them. I work mine on a per story basis so if I don't post, then they don't get charged. patreon.com/authorlouise
Louise Findlay
Fantasy Author & Poet
Twitter: @authorlouise
Exclusive Tales: patreon.com/authorlouise
 Post Reply Post Reply